Chapter 143: Easily Provoked

Chou Tzuyu didn't bother sparing Rosè Yang another glance as she walked to the checkout counter, but Rosè Yang decided to stay around just a bit longer to watch the scene unfold. If she remembered correctly, Chou Tzuyu was actually very frugal when it came to spending.

The sales associate spoke up. "Ma'am, the total bill is five million dollars. Would you like to pay with debit or credit?"

Chou Tzuyu hesitated at the price, her haughty eyes suddenly filling with uneasiness. Her credit card max limit was only one hundred thousand and she didn't want to use the money given by Jeong Jaehyun, especially because she was getting the tie and suit cuffs for him as a gift. What was the point of getting him a gift if his own money was used?

She could use her debit card, but was it really worth five million just to face-slap the vixen? "T-then, without the tailored dress and jewelry, how much would the price be?" She asked in a quiet voice, to which the sales associate sneered at the question.

"Ma'am, you do realize we are Merveille right?" The sales associate scrutinized Chou Tzuyu's outfit which looked shabby and horribly paired. It was clear Chou Tzuyu wasn't made of old-money wealth. She looked like she just brought the most expensive pieces of items and randomly threw them on together.

"Yes, I do—"

"Then I hope you understand that our simplest ties are valued at one hundred thousand, at the bare minimum." The sales associate pressed her lips together in pure disdain. "The tie in your hand is worth three hundred thousand because it is made with mulberry silk with gold threads woven through it. Your personally tailored couture dress is worth 2 million, with the necklace, that comes down to a total of four million. The suit cuff, because of the rare materials used, is worth one million, thus, a total of five million."

Chou Tzuyu couldn't help but wince at the hefty price. This was way more than she had thought it to originally be...Five million...Only the credit card given by Jeong Jaehyun would work.

By now, there was already a crowd of socialites gathering to look at the scene. They were surprised to see the future Madam Jeong here, with a distraught and helpless expression, as she worried about the price. Why was she hesitating over a measly five million? That was like five dollars to Jeong Jaehyun.

"Of course, how could we forget, Miss Chou was once a commoner." One socialite quietly whispered to the other, snickering upon seeing this. How embarrassing. Even with the money that Jeong Jaehyun had graciously given to her, Chou Tzuyu was still unwilling to spend it? As expected of an ex-commoner... She was simply too frugal.

"Tsk tsk, she's used to making limited money choices and buying discounted clothes, of course, this price tag probably scares her."

"But what about the clothes she's wearing...oh my god, what's with that style?"

"Hm, the latest season Valentino neon pink dress, plaid Burberry shoes...yikes. The clothes are pricey, but what's with that awful color choice and that combination?"

Chou Tzuyu felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment upon hearing the whispers. She didn't think there would be so many socialites present today but then remembered, they were nothing but spoiled heiresses who would never need to work a single day in their life.

Rosè Yang shook her head. Of course, Chou Tzuyu would hesitate to use Jeong Jaehyun's credit card. Given her behavior, it was evident she was very uncomfortable with the idea of spending Jeong Jaehyun's money since she thought it would make her look like a gold digger.

"What? Are the cuffs too expensive for you?" Rosè Yang snorted, walking up to the cashier and pulling out her wallet.

Chou Tzuyu's expression darkened at the provocation, her eyes flashing and fingers itching to do something to wipe that annoying smirk off that witch's face. What was she bragging about? So what if she had money? In the end, she had Jeong Jaehyun whose wealth could buy out all of this horrible woman's assets!