Chapter 141: Gifts

After parting with his assistants at the airport, Park Jimin rushed to the Yang Mansion. At first, he debated the idea of simply sneaking into Rosè Yang's room, but ruled out the idea for being too foolish. He was the great Park Jimin , why should he sneak around?

Thus, he found himself at the doorsteps of the Yang Mansion with a heavy wooden box consisting of the exquisite Da Hong Pao [1] tea worth a million per gram, and expertly crafted teapots made from the highly valuable emerald jade that was once used by the Korean Family. By buying these expensive gifts, Park Jimin hoped to appease Yang Marco,

When Old Butler Tang opened the door, he was surprised to see Park Jimin , but quickly fixed his composure by offering a bow. "Good evening, President Park." He greeted, opening the door for Park Jimin who strolled in. Yang Marco was waiting for him inside and the minute the door was shut, the atmosphere was tense.

"Good evening...grandfather." Park Jimin coyly said, the edge of his lips tilting upwards in an attempt of an amicable smile. Despite the fact it came out dry, it didn't diminish the blindly perfect features of his.

Yang Marco narrowed his eyes at the name. "Good evening...Park Jaymin." Two could play the game of foolish nicknames.

"I have prepared a few gifts as a thank you for allowing me into your house." Park Jimin passed the handcrafted wooden box to the Old Butler who showed it to Yang Marco.

"Hm, Da Hong Pao tea and an emerald jade tea set crafted by the Great Master Ren Cong." Yang Marco, despite the slight excitement he had, did not make moves of touching the gifts. Instead, he focused his sharp and desolate gaze on the young man in front of him. Hmph, did he think his precious granddaughter's hand in marriage could be brought with such gifts?

Though it came as fast as it left, Park Jimin was able to catch the slightest spark of approval from Yang Marco's eyes. "If these are not up to par with your expectations, would you like Master Fan Min's latest Calligraphy work? There's an auction taking place in a couple of days, I can bid for one."

Yang Marco chuckled, this silly boy. Master Fan Min only made one piece of calligraphy painting a year, thus, his insightful calligraphy was valued in the high millions, nearly reaching one billion per piece. To what extent was he willing to spend just to have his approval?

Park Jimin took out his phone to contact Kim Namjoon to prepare another auction ticket when a delightfully honey-sweet voice, clear as day and soft as the clouds, spoke up. "Grandfather, the dinner is getting cold—" She paused upon seeing Park Jimin, whose devilishly handsome face was twisted into a mischievous smirk when he saw her.

"Park Jimin, what are you doing here?" She tilted her head, walking to him, but he quickly crossed the distance between them and placed both hands on either side of her waist.

"What are you doing out of bed?" He asked her, supporting her body weight.

"The doctor said I should have some light exercises, so it's fine for me to walk around." She carefully said, resting her hands on his firm chest.

One of his arm slipped around her waist whereas the other reached to brush her hair away to reveal her gentle expression, her eyes that shimmered like gold underneath the crystal chandelier, and her tiny smile blindly beautiful, he didn't realize he was awestruck by her until her eyes crinkled while she naively smiled up at him, completely unaware of his gawking.

"Don't overexert the light exercise," He finally said, pulling her closer to him, bending his head in an attempt to capture her delectable lips but she was swift to dodge it, the kiss landing on her adorably squishy cheeks. She slowly nodded her head, her innocent smile twisting into a teasing one.