Chapter 57: Were Family

After rubbing the ointment onto her knees and making sure she's not hurt anywhere else, Park Jimin took her home. She forced him to drop her off a block away from her condo. She didn't want to be seen stepping out of such an expensive car because it would attract attention to her and people might start becoming curious about her affairs.

She wanted to live peacefully where people wouldn't pester her because of her name and reputation. Given that her building is more secure compared to others, she knew that some of the residents may already have an inkling about her identity. At least, nobody dared to comment or ask her about it.

Park Jimin was reluctant at first and compromised by getting out of the car with her to personally see her walk into the private elevator of her building. He would have gone up with her and walked her to her door if she wasn't so stubborn. Only then would he finally feel she was safe. Besides, he already did not trust the so-called tight security of the building. After ensuring she had safely arrived home, he felt reassured. After that, he left for his office.

Just as Rosè Yang placed her purse onto the table, she got a message through the intercom tablet on her door. Walking towards it, she saw it was from the front desk. She pressed the 'Answer' button and waited for them to speak.

"Good afternoon ma'am. Your parents are requesting entrance to your home." A neutral voice spoke out.

Down at the lobby, there were three people who were struggling to maintain their composure.

The receptionist was accompanied by the same elevator hostess that always greeted Rosè Yang. Their faces were cold and didn't reveal an ounce of emotion. They eyed the people claiming to be her parents and younger sister.

Sky Arc Complexes' biggest selling point was their absolute respect for client privacy. Without being on a resident's guest list or the permission of the resident, no one was permitted anywhere beyond the lobby. It didn't matter if someone claimed to be family, parent, relative, or friend.

Yang Wenjin was enraged by the complex's policy and saw this as a blatant insult. Everyone knows we are her parents for heaven's sake, why can't we enter?! And how dare that ungrateful brat not put us down in the guest registry! After all that we had done for her, she decided to treat us like this? Unacceptable!

"That insolent child! Just wait until I get my hands on her!" Yang Wenjin hissed under his breath, his eyes shooting daggers into the front desk.

His pride and ego were greatly wounded. Not only was the great Yang Wenjin denied entry to his own daughter's apartment, but he knew a couple of people who also lived in this apartment complex.

Surely, the awkward and humiliating news of the high and mighty Yang Wenjin not getting past the lobby would circulate even before they had stepped out of the building. While it's not news that Rosè Yang had been abandoned by her own family, if the media manages to catch a whiff of this specific story, it would surely turn viral!

Yang Yuna noticed the red vein popping out of her father's forehead and immediately knew it was time to step into action. "Daddy, you have to calm down. Don't overthink it." She softly said, linking her arm through his.

"Dear, Yuna is right. Your blood pressure might rise if you think too much of it." Bang Jina was worried about her husband.

Even though the beginning of their marriage was extremely rocky, she had eventually come to love him. The start of their marriage was haunted with darkness that manifested into their first born, Rosè Yang.

She grew up during a period of time where the mansion was desolate. Yang Wenjin was barely home while Bang Jina had turned to countless bottles of wine from the moment she woke up until she fell asleep. It was no wonder Rosè Yang made so many mistakes in her life, she didn't have any good influences around her!