Chapter 171: Suffer A Hundredfold

Park Jimin felt a particular pair of eyes glowering on his woman. When he saw it was Chou Tzuyu, his gaze became cold, threatening her without words.

Chou Tzuyu began to shake when her eyes met with Park Jimin's. She was overwhelmed by his presence and authority. All he had to do was lightly stomp his feet and the Jeong's would start trembling in their shoes... He was not a man she dared to offend.

"G-good evening, Mr. Park." She nervously responded, not sure what she should do. Was he angry that she did not address him? She realized many of the women also didn't do so, but Kim Taehyung did, and she figured it was all that mattered.

"Did I say you have the right to utter my name?"

At his words, she felt a bucket of cold water splash onto her. Without the protection of Jeong Jaehyun , she couldn't stand her ground. Even if he was here, she realized, they would never be able to match his presence...

An idea came into her mind. She debated it and decided against it, for it would be too suspicious if she suddenly changed her character. She figured it would be best to please him discreetly and take it slow, as she had done with Jeong Jaehyun.

"I-I apologize..." At her sugar-sweet voice, beckoningly smooth as the gentlest wind of spring, and wronged-expression, many of the men turning their head towards the conversation could feel a tug at their heart. Hearing such a pitiful yet enticingly adorable voice, any normal man would want to help her, especially when it was combined with her distressed expression, the way her lovely brows became furrowed, she easily captured the heart of the people.

Park Jimin looked at her with disgust. "Then scram." He seethed, hating these types of women the most.

So weak and demure, what was the point of them? After protecting a woman so much, a man would eventually get tired of pathetic white lotuses like her.

Chou Tzuyu was stunned to the core. She had put her best foot forward, the same way she had done with Jeong Jaehyun. She blinked and realized how wrong her behavior was. I-I, was I acting like a white lotus just now?

She paused, placing hate on herself for behaving like the type of woman she strived hard not to be. She didn't want to be a white lotus, but when one was so poor in front of the wealthy, that behavior of hers just came out naturally.

"You've already seduced Jeong Jaehyun, do you need to do the same to Park Jimin now?" Rosè Yang finally spoke up, her words causing a light hum in the air.

The crowd sided with her. Many of the socialites felt as if Chou Tzuyu did not deserve her title. Just because she was much kinder and less problematic than Rosè Yang's own reign, this woman was unable to stand her ground. If she could not shoulder the burden that came with being the center of attention, the very woman that every socialite weighted her words on, why should she rule over them?

"Did I really seduce Jaehyun when all I did was save him from a loveless marriage?" Chou Tzuyu's sharp tongue earned her a few agreements.

Many of the men here could not pursuit who they loved because their parents constantly forced marriage contracts upon them. There was a few who fell in love with women, but because her status was not up to par and because they were too weak to defy the power of the elders, not many heirs got their happy-ever-afters.

"Is this how you justify your scheming ways?" Rosè Yang paused, "But I do have to thank you. Because you snatched the coal, I was able to gain a diamond." She grabbed Park Jimin's hand, but he surprised her by releasing it, only to clasp their fingers together.

Park Jimin was overwhelmed with happiness at her words. She thought he was a diamond? A small, tranquil smile settled onto his lips. His grumpy expression easily changed at her words. He resisted the urge to suddenly hug her and ask for a kiss like a spoilt brat.