Chapter 105: Never Forget

A week trickled by and Rosè Yang was still unconscious.

'Why hasn't she woken up?!'

Park Jimin was growing impatient at the lack of progress. He anxiously paced back and forth in her hospital room. He had walked this same path repeatedly day and night during the past seven days.

He gritted his teeth and his jaw tightened. He hated this place. He hated the familiar smell of the hospital disinfectant. This place reminded him of the last time she was hospitalized.

Two times. He had arrived too late two times. And both times, someone had been able to harm her.

He had run his hand enough through his hair out of frustration that it had remained perpetually disheveled. He had always had a hard time falling asleep, and with Rosie's current condition, he had spent almost every minute of the past week awake.

The composed, domineering, and calculative CEO image he was known for was nowhere in sight. Park Jimin was beyond exhausted. His dark circles had gotten worse and there were heavy bags under his eyes. Even he felt like he had aged a decade, waiting for her to wake up.

He lifted his head to glance at the motionless woman on the bed, his heart prickling when he saw her beautiful eyelids were still shut. He couldn't help but think back to the night he had found her in the warehouse.

The relief he had felt to have her alive in his arms was immediately replaced by terror when she became unconscious and no matter how much he tried to wake her up, her lids were tightly closed. He had never felt so terrified of losing someone until that night. When he had reluctantly released her, he found himself covered in her blood.

It was the second time she fainted before him, but this was the first time he thought he might actually lose her.

That night, she had been frighteningly pale and her fingers had started to turn blue.

Because of her excessive blood loss and bruised body, he was horrified when he watched a new team of doctors enter the surgery room mid-operation. The injuries she sustained on her head, neck, and abdomen placed her in critical condition.

As he anxiously waited outside the operating room, memories of the night flashed by his mind. He would never forget the way his heart stopped beating when her eyes rolled back and her body slumped against his. He would never forget how she looked at him, heartbroken with his rejection, as his feet remained glued to the spot.

He had spent the last seven nights lying awake on the extra bed he had them arrange in Rosè's hospital room, regretting all of his decisions. He regretted coming so late and not reacting in time to comfort her. Her distraught expression at his initial lack of action was one that would scar him for the rest of his life.

- - - -

Two weeks later.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Rosè Yang groaned, growing more and more agitated at the obnoxious sound. Why can't it shut up?! Just as she moved her hand, she winced in pain. She felt as if her body has been run over by a truck. Everything hurts, especially her head.

She heard a loud crash in the background. Something huge seemed to have broken from the impact. What followed after were shuffling of clothes and a thud on the wall, as if a body was shoved onto it.

"It's been two weeks and you still haven't stabilized her condition? How incompetent and useless." A familiar voice roared, resembling a provoked predator.

"Jimin, you have to calm down—"

"S-sir, please calm down—"

BAM! Something roughly collided on the wall, it sounded as if someone had punched it.