Chapter 121: A Face To Their Brand

Park Enterprise.

It felt as if time was put on hold, despite the loud ticking of the clock. The presenters held their breath in anticipation. No one dared to make a single sound, except for the occasional nervous gulps.

Park Jimin scanned the paper in front of him that proposed the very unique idea of opening a community suitable for the elderly that didn't treat them as if they were in a nursing home.

The plan was to build multiple apartment complexes that catered to the elderly and have 24/7 staff care. Each elder would be able to live in their own independent apartments with functioning kitchens and have the freedom to do things they please without feeling restricted by the rules of a nursing home. Staff will always be on call for emergencies.

It was a good idea and an experimental trend in other cities. It was currently on the rise, but only a few big companies were looking into it since the results were still unstable.

The only issue was it required a significantly higher cost and had a huge risk of failing. The project needed to be properly executed with the right funding to ensure everything went as planned. The presenters were hoping for hundreds of millions to start-up the project.

Park Jimin scowled. For the cost, the failure rate was too high. In order to make this project happen, he would need to partner with an investment firm.

Park Enterprise had collaborated with a handful of them, and he was rarely satisfied with any of them.

This proposal would need more consulting and time to think over.

Everyone watched his every move from the moment he flipped the last page to the second he lifted his head. He picked up the packet and wordlessly stood up. "Meeting adjourned."

No one dared to ask a single question about whether or not he was going to accept the proposal. Everyone stood up and bowed as low as their body would allow it.

"Thank you for your time, President Park," They simultaneously said, remaining in their bow even after he left the room, with Kim Namjoon following shortly after him.

Once he was gone, the people blew out a sigh of relief. But it was short lasting. Everyone had a pressing question in mind and it was their Boss' response. He had a displeased expression on his face as he was looking over the papers, which meant he didn't like it. But he personally took the paper, so didn't that mean he liked it? They were confused about the status of the proposal. The presenters nervously stood at their positions as they debated whether or not the infamous CEO would accept their idea.

"So was that a yes or no?" Someone popped up, equally as confused as everyone in the room.

"Well, he didn't deny it."

"But he didn't accept it either."

"He didn't look too pleased with us."

"Yes, but he took the paper. Isn't that a good sign?"

Different voices spoke up at once and soon the meeting room was filled with bustling conversations. None of them could settle on a definite answer, but the presenters were at least very hopeful. If the CEO personally took the packet, it meant he would be taking more time to think it over before accepting it.

- - - -

Park Jimin sat down at his office desk and placed the paper in front of him. Indeed, if it was successful, it would rake in a lot of money. But the idea was too costly and uncertain of success. He placed his hands on his desk and leaned his face on it, debating the idea.

Kim Namjoon patiently stood by the sidelines, awaiting his next order. After a few minutes, Park Jimin spoke up. "Look into our collaborator investment firms."