Chapter 41: A Pawn

"You should try and be more subtle about secretly inching away from me." Park Jimin spoke up, tilting his head to see Rosé Yang's entire body curled up on the opposite side of the car.

She was sitting so close to the window, he was surprised she hadn’t thought of jumping out of it already.

After walking out of the hospital, Park Jimin didn’t allow her to take a taxi. It was potentially dangerous to take taxis because of their unverified background.

For all she knew, she could’ve been riding a car with a convicted murderer. And Rosé Yang seemed like the perfect victim. With her beautiful face and the way she carried herself, one could tell she came from an influential background.

What was stopping rogue drivers from taking advantage of her and potentially driving her off to the middle of nowhere?

It took two minutes of arguing for Rosé Yang to childishly stomp into the car, slamming the door behind her.

Park Jimin would have normally been angered or annoyed by her daring behavior, but for some odd reason, he wasn’t.

He finds himself amused by everything she does. She always did the unexpected and went against his wishes. Unlike most people that catered to his every word and whim, she argued against it.

Most men would find it tiring to spend time with a feisty woman, but Park Jimin actually enjoyed it.

He didn’t like demure and submissive women like Chou Tzuyu. Women like her would readily agree with a man and never fight back.

He was constantly surrounded by people like that, and having a woman that refuses to think for herself would surely be boring.

When Rosé Yang didn’t answer, Park Jimin turned to look at her again. Upon closer inspection, he noticed she had fallen asleep. Curled into a tiny ball with her hands resting underneath her head, he saw her shiver.

"Hu Wei, lower the air conditioning." He instructed his driver who immediately adjusted it to a warmer setting.

Jung Hoseok was surprised at the command. He had been working with Park Jimin for a decade now, thus, he knows of his behavior.

His boss was the type of man to easily feels hot, hence the air conditioning would always be on the highest setting so that any place he’s in is always abnormally cold.

He stole a glance at the rear view mirror and was surprised to see his boss take the unused blanket provided in the car to drape it around the woman huddled in the corner.

This was the first time he had ever seen his boss show an act of kindness towards a woman. She must be someone special to him.

Jung Hoseok duly noted in his mind to never cross this woman. With the way his boss gently treated her as if she was a precious treasure passed down from generations, he knew this woman might be his future lady boss.

Just then, a light buzz could be heard throughout the car. Park Jimin looked around and noticed that the vibrating sound was coming from Rosé Yang's purse. He opened it and pulled out her phone.

Seeing it was a phone call, he debated the idea of not picking it up. But then he saw that it was a female caller named "Min Jennie", and he picked up.

Park Jimin didn’t say anything but the man on the other line certainly did.

"Hey Rosie, I’m sorry for taking so long with the report you wanted. Whoever did the assassination was really good at hiding their tracks. They hired someone to delete all of the footage from the surveillance cameras. But your Jenjen is really good at digging the backup files. I will send you the information through your email."