Chapter 30: It Was a Mistake

Rosé Yang felt her heart drop all the way to her stomach. She stared at the wine glass in Chou Tzuyu's hand. When she had bumped into her, some of the wine spilled onto Chou Tzuyu's fingers, and a tiny droplet landed on the blue dress — but it wasn’t visible to the eye.

Rosé Yang took hesitant step backwards, her heart drumming a million beat per minute. She didn’t think she would run into Chou Tzuyu so quickly. Worse of all, she didn’t expect to spill the wine all over her hands.

The chillingly dark voice of Jeong Jaehyun spoke up. "You crazy woman, how dare you show your face around here and then touch my Tzuyu?" He nearly snarled the words, his eyes gleaming with displeasure.

"It was a mistake—" Rosé Yang hissed in pain when he harshly gripped her forearm, yanking her clsoer to the crowd surrounding him.

She noticed it was wealthy, powerful, and credible businessmen. Jeong Jaehyun was probably trying to get Chou Tzuyu to become acquainted with these men.

"It’s been two years and you still haven’t learned your mistakes? Crazy bitch, I told you to stay away from my Tzuyu!" He grounded his teeth in anger. His grip became deathly painful when he realized she was looking at the people behind him. This bitch, she was still trying to cling onto another big thigh?

Rosé Yang winced in pain, but didn’t dare cry out. She would never give him the satisfaction of seeing her in pain.

"It really was an accident! Let go of me!" She tugged her arm back, but Jeong Jaehyun's grip was too tight and unbearable.

"Honey, I’m fine. The wine didn’t spill onto my dress, it was only on my hand-"

"This lowly rat dirtied your hands. She should pay for it." Jeong Jaehyun seethed, his eyes flaring with anger. The fire in his eyes was enough to burn Rosé Yang.

Rosé Yang scowled and roughly pulled her arm back. "Don’t be so petty, she can wash her hands." She glared back at him, not liking the way he stared at her as if she was someone lower than him. She couldn’t believe she had fallen for a trash like him. Even though she had these thoughts, her heart couldn’t help but skip a beat when starring at his handsome face.

He wasn’t the male lead just for show. The aura around him was impeccable and his face was beyond alluring.

Jeong Jaehyun was surprised by her change of behavior. He had expected her to beg and plea for mercy. He didn’t expect this snarky woman that dared to talk back to him. She wasn’t like this in the past, what made her change her mind?

"Let go of me, Mr. Jeong, you’re bruising my arm!" Rosé Yang reminded him, her eyes shinning with hatred and annoyance.

Even though her heart was quivering and her legs were shaking at his overbearing presence, she kept her voice strong and firm. She didn’t want to appear weak, even though she was.

"Fine." Jeong Jaehyun pushed her back with so much force, Rosé Yang fell onto her backside.

The crowd of influential socialites chuckled at the embarrassing sight of Rosé Yang on the floor and Jeong Jaehyun standing over her. It seemed after all these years, she was still chasing after him.

Sheesh, did she have nothing else better to do than beg for Jeong Jaehyun? Can she clearly not tell the man was already taken?

Rosé Yang grounded her teeth so hard, she was surprised it wasn’t going to crack from the pressure. Her eyes shot daggers at him, wishing and praying he would just drop the ground.

"You’re absolutely insane!" She sniped at him, attempting to stand up. And when she tried to do so, something trickled over her head, down her hairs and onto her forehead.