Chapter 82: Who Told Him?

The meeting room was completely quiet and nothing could be heard except for the occasional ticking of the clock and shuffling paper.

The atmosphere was suffocating for everyone else but the two young CEOs. With two overbearing powerful men in the same room, their auras were competing with each other for dominance. It would be a surprise if the people huddled in the corner wasn't wary.

With each passing second, Jeong Jaehyun felt his mood begin to soar higher and higher. Park Jimin was looking over his proposal earnestly and seeing as he didn't make a displeased expression, it meant the proposal might get approved.

Jeong Jaehyun was glad he fixed the proposal packet before handing it to Park Jimin. Whoever that consultant was, they did a very good job at correcting the flaws and pointing out all the wrong calculations.

Though it was off by just a few digits, Jeong Jaehyun was still very impressed by that person. While that person's identity was completely hidden by Yang Marco, he had been able to get a little information from the tight-lipped members of the board that was present during that meeting.

He heard the person didn't even need a calculator to figure out that the calculations were incorrect. As a matter of fact, they revised all the proposals up for deliberation on the spot. No stone was left unturned for the proposal now seemed very idealistic and perfect.

A few minutes had gone by as Jeong Jaehyun anxiously looked forward to Park Jimin's response. Tapping his fingers onto the table, slightly shaking one of his legs, and eagerly awaiting for Park Jimin's approval, Jeong Jaehyun looked like a child waiting to get his birthday present.

Flipping to the last page, Park Jimin finally placed down the unusually heavy metal pen that reminded him he could completely ruin an entire company or make his company wealthier just by simply signing his name onto a piece of paper.

Jeong Jaehyun smiled to himself at the perfected draft. "Well, Park Jimin, what do you think about the proposal?"

"This is a proposal for a resort in Incheon. Why are you approaching Park Enterprise instead of Yang Corporation?" Park Jimin lifted his head, a listless expression on his face.

Jeong Jaehyun's smile faltered a bit at the blunt question. Why else? Yang Corporation had already rejected him! "Jeong Corporation currently does not have a good relationship with Yang Corporation at the moment."

Park Jimin didn't need him to say it because he already knew the truth. But to him, it was satisfying to know that even Jeong Jaehyun knew he screwed up. Jeong Jaehyun should've just left his stubborn little kitten alone after breaking the engagement. Instead, he crossed the line and went as far as to humiliate and embarrass her further.

"But that is not the only reason why this proposal was rejected in the first place." Park Jimin secretly smirked when he saw Jeong Jaehyun's baffled expression.

'How did he know it was rejected once? Who told him?!' Jeong Jaehyun pondered as he was taken by surprise that Park Jimin had heard of the rejection. He thought he paid the people well enough to keep their mouth shut, but alas, nothing could ever get past Park Jimin's keen ears and eyes.

"You proposed to open a big tourist attraction in Incheon by opening a resort. There was an idea like this in the past but it was rejected because the company didn't do enough research on the land." Park Jimin stood up, not wanting to say more on this foolish idea.

Open a resort in Incheon? With what clean water? The government had issued a statement about the water in Incheon to be too severely polluted by chemicals to even fathom the idea of a resort.

"But the proposal is perfect-"

"The draft is perfect, not the idea itself." Park Jimin chillingly said, his eyes tearing the man in front of him down. He couldn't believe this weak-minded man was the CEO of such an outstanding company. It was no wonder the company was suffering. With such a stupid CEO, what did they expect?