Chapter 112: For The Rest of Your Life

After a few seconds of comfortable silence, Yang Marco finally decided to speak up again, this time, his voice was heavy.

"Rosie, there will be no legal repercussions." He placed the pen and contract he was looking at down. "But the military had somehow caught wind of this. They have contacted me and although they refused to even hint how they found out, they're impressed to know your skills have not deteriorated." If anyone else told her this, Rosè Yang would've thought it was a compliment. However, it had come from the same military higher-ups who were keen to get their hands on her...

She was once in many military commanders' and sergeants' radar for her excellent marksmanship and ability to easily adapt and learn. She had been poached by many to join their squadron, but refused and just went along with who her grandfather assigned her with.

A lot of the higher-ups believed she would soar higher than everyone else if she stayed in the military, but that was an impossible dream — especially when there's a very formidable person waiting for her back in the battlefield...

"They want me to come back." She finished his thought for him, her heartbeat picking up speed and drumming in fear.

She refused to go back. Even if they attempt to force her, they would have to drag her kicking and screaming. There was a time where she wanted to be a part of the battlefield and fight for her country. But now, she just wanted to live a peaceful life somewhere in the countryside, spending her days drinking tea and staying far away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

In the quiet hospital room, she could only hear her frantic heart thumping against her chest.

"Yes, they do." Yang Marco's face turned black when he remembered the request his long term friend had asked of him. He refused outright without any hesitations, but that didn't stop them from pestering him. They tried to personally contact her, but he squashed any attempts of that.

"Grandfather, I don't want to go back there—"

"And you won't." He was firm in this and left no room for arguments. He would never allow her in there, as long as that man was still a Sergeant General...

"The security around you will be tighter than before. Park Jaymin and I have already agreed on increasing your security detail. I know you don't like it but you need to get used to it." Yang Marco knew how cunning his old friends were. If they wanted a soldier, they would use any means necessary to obtain her.

"Okay." She softly agreed, thinking back to the last time the military tried to bring her back.

They initially invited her to a nice chat, but as time passed, their peaceful conversation has slowly turned threatening. When the threats became violent, Yang Marco's bodyguards were quick to call back up.

"If you see anything suspicious, even if it seems like nothing, I want you to contact me or Li Xuan immediately. Is that clear?"

"Yes, grandfather." She responded, slightly distracted.

What if they really came for her again? She could take down regular thugs who are people blinded by greed and was only doing their jobs for the money. However, hurting a soldier who was just following orders went against her morals. She had been normal comrades with them and know how life in the military is. And besides, if she hurts a soldier, no amount of connections would be able to cover it up.

"Rosie, do you know when you will be discharged from the hospital?" He asked her.

"The doctors said they would need to run more tests and monitor my condition for a few days before I can get discharged. Why?"

Yang Marco checked the calendar. "The banquet will be held in three weeks. Your attendance is still mandatory." He told her, not relenting to her missing the event, regardless of her condition.