After the wall

Fred's pov

One moment Fred was laughing at something Percy had said in the midst of the battle, the next he was standing in a park wearing clean clothes. He looked around the park and saw muggles walking, some of them cycled through it. He approaches a man, sitting on a bench.

"Excuse me, sir?" He asked but didn't get a response. He laid his hand on his shoulder but fell through, tumbling down to the ground. "What-?"

He scrambled back up and tried to touch the bench, slowly this time. But again, his hand fell straight through. He walked away from the man and approach someone else but no such luck. Then he yelled at the top of his lungs but didn't get any response. He was just about to try something else when everything turned black.

He appeared again, now the sun was lower in the sky and dark clouds started to appear. The park was emptier this time, but again some cycled through it as others pulled out their umbrellas. He tried to approach someone again, but the darkness fell before he could.

This went on for what felt like years. He didn't know how much time had passed, he tried to keep up and spot a newspaper once in a while but sometimes he was only there for a couple of minutes before poof, gone again. Then there had been a gap for a couple of weeks in the winter, when he came back to the park, the snow was melting away. It was then that he spotted a girl with shoulder length strawberry blonde hair cycle through the park. I've seen her before. He thought to himself. And since then, he saw her, every time he was in the park, he saw her. Cycling through, on occasion walking. When the weather started to get warmer, he saw her writing continually in a notebook near the lake.

Then he was in the park again, the sun already shining brightly as the park started to get crowded. He heard a bell ring before.

"Oi! Watch it!"

Fred whirled around and saw the girl with strawberry blonde hair, now braided back, looking at him. Not through him, at him, with her deep blue eyes. Fred stumbled back to let her pass. He followed her as she cycled passed him and drove out the park. Then he was gone again.

He came back later that day or was it another day? He didn't know. But there she was again, on the other side of the lake, sitting on a bench, eyes closed. He saw her frown before she opened her eyes. Fred quickly ducked out of sight as she looked around. From behind a bush, he saw her get up on her bike and ride off.

He blinked and was standing on the pathway, seeing the girl with a fast speed peddle her way to him. When she saw him, she swirled and braked, crashing to the ground. He saw her wince as she tried to lean on her wrist, a bit of blood trickled down on her arm. His eyes were wide as she looked down at her in shock. She can see me, really see me. But how, why? All these thoughts popped in his head as he looked down at her.

"You could at least help me up, instead of just gawk! I crashed because of you." She said angerly at him. He shook away his thoughts and frowned as he stepped closer, not saying anything. "Never mind." The girl grumbled. "What a gentleman you are."

That girl had quite a mouth on her, not letting anyone walk over her. She reminded him of Ginny, a pang of guilt clutched his heart. Then she grabbed her bike and started to walk away. He couldn't just let her leave, he needed answers.

"Wait!" He called out. She stopped and looked over her shoulder to him. He stood there, hand stretched out, looking a bit panicked. "You can see me?" He blurted out.

The girl looked at him, like he had gone mental. "Of course, I can see you! You're standing right in front of me!" Then her expression changed and looked confused at him. "Do you need to see a doctor?