Please, don't

So, we all know Dumbledore can get things wrong because there surely is a way to bring back the dead, at least to bring back Fred. But the thing he was right about was that Leah would wake up before morning. It was one in the morning when she woke up. She bolted up straight as she inhaled deeply. Fred who was still sitting next to her as he watched her all day and all night, still holding her hand, immediately went to her side. When she caught her breath, she looked around the room. George was sleeping on a cot on the end of hers, mumbling in his sleep. She turned her head and looked to Fred; her eyes sparkled for a moment before they went sad again as she leaned away from him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Minnie had sent us Patronus when you didn't wake up." When he saw her eyebrows gather, he added. "After you took the potion, you didn't come out of the trance in a couple of minutes like you were supposed to, you went into a comatose state. You've been asleep for over fifteen hours."

"You didn't have to come." She snarled as she jumped up, but she came unsteady and wobbled on her feet. Fred stood up and held her steady. When the drowsiness passed, she stepped away from him.

"Leah..." He pleaded. But she just went to George's cot and gently shook him awake.

"What's happening?" He mumbled as he peered his eyes open. They shot open as he saw the familiar strawberry blonde hanging over him. "Leah!" He said grabbing her shoulders and pulled her into the cot with him.

"I'm okay." She chuckled in his chest. Fred was standing behind them, looking at how she gave his twin more than a glance than he received.

"You gave us quite a scare, witch." He mumbled in her hair. She suddenly pulled back and her eyes searched his face.

"Am I-?"

"Yes, you're definitely a witch. Like we've been saying for ages now." He grinned. Leah playfully slapped his chest. "Not only that, but Minnie also did the potion to see your family tree. You are a descendant of the Godric Gryffindor."

"That bloke who was one of the founders of Hogwarts?" She asked surprised.

"Yep." George said with the emphasis on the P. George saw the parchment with the family tree hover over to them, chuckling as he knew Fred was the one carrying it.

"And you have a new cousin." Fred interrupted carefully as he handed her the parchment. She accepted it as she kept her eyes averted from him. Her eyes scanned over the whole family tree, checking off the names she already knows.

"I should wake up Minnie." George said as he clambered out of his cot.

"No, George. You don't have to-" Leah said hurriedly, not ready to be alone with Fred.

"I'll be just a minute." He waved her off and walked up the stairs. She looked at George's retreating back for a moment before she looked back over the parchment. Her fingers skimming softly over her Nan's name. Fred took George's vacant seat next to her.

"Leah..." He whispered. "Please look at me." He tipped her chin with her fingers and her eyes rested on his. "I don't want to lose you."

"I think you already did." She turned her head away from him, Fred's hand falling lifeless to the cot. "Once we find out how to bring you back, I will do it and then we can go our separate ways."

Before Fred could reply, footsteps were heard coming from the stairs. Minerva came down in her emerald bathrobe and quickly sat down on her other side as she looked her over.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. I feel a bit drained and tired but okay." She gave the headmistress a small smile.