The Time Is Here

When Minerva stepped in her office first, she transfigured one of the chairs into a large dark brown leather couch. The last two previous headmasters looked on with interest as they stepped into the office. Minerva gestured for them to take a seat and they quietly did so, the nerves of everyone getting the best of them. Leah was nervously tapping her leg when she felt a hand covering her left one and another on her right. The twins had simultaneously put their hands on hers giving it a squeeze. Was it to calm her or to calm themselves, it didn't matter; her leg immediately stopped tapping.

"Let's go over everything, alright?" Minerva started as she took the seat across from them. "So, you'll need to cut your scar until it bleeds, then you two touch each other's mark. The next thing is trickier, because we don't have a lot of information from the previous cases. With Fred being... gone for a year, we don't know what it will do, how it would work."

"IF it works." George whispered.

Leah gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and locked their eyes. "George, I told you I would do anything to get him back to you. I don't go back on my promises." George's eyes were sad as he gave a small nod, not trusting himself to speak.

"In the case of the twins, the other passed out, but we don't know for how long. Leah is of course a very powerful witch and with the sight, it gives her more of an advantage, so to speak."

"But it's a possible that I could fall comatose."

"I'm afraid so."

"No, I won't do it!" Fred suddenly called out.

Leah's head snapped to him. "Fred, we knew there were risks."

"No, no. I won't put you in any danger!" His grip on her hand grew tighter.

Leah looked at the others, who had a faint idea what the one-sided conversation was about. "Can we have a minute?"

"Sure." George said standing up. "But I have a feeling what you two are talking about and, Leah if there is any chance of you getting hurt..."

"Have you met me? I'll be fine." She offered him a grin, but George looked worried down at her.

"Come, Mr. Weasley. Let's give them a moment." Minerva touched his shoulder and he reluctantly walked out of the room with her. Leah turned back to Fred when the door closed behind them.

"I'm sorry." Fred whispered as he scooted closer to her. Leah cocked her head to the side in surprise. "I - I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I felt; I'm sorry you thought I had played you..." He closed her eyes and shook his head. "I didn't want you to wait for me, to give up your life for me. And I pushed you away."

"Fred." She whispered as she cupped his cheek. Fred opened his eyes, finding hers without missing a beat. Before Leah could say anything more, Fred lips where on hers. A soft moan escaped her when he pulled her closer. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed their chest together. The kiss only stopped because they both became breathless. Fred leaned his head against hers, eyes closed as they caught there breaths.

"You're amazing." He whispered, she smiled in response, her eyes still closed. "There is something in your pocket."

"What?" She asked surprised and looking at Fred, who was sporting his usual grin. He nudged his head to her left pocket, she slowly reached her hand in and pulled out a small box.

"I asked George to slip it in." The grin still firmly in its place. "Open it."

She opened the little box with a click, silver crescent moon necklace laid inside. She took it out of the box and placed it in her hand. "Fred, it's beautiful."