Worst Birthday

It was Friday evening, the night of her birthday party her friends are throwing for her. She was in her bedroom tossing clothes out of her closet, Fred on her bed watching in amusement. At least a dozen clothes were already lying on the floor, scattered around her.

"You look beautiful in anything, love, just pick something you're comfortable in."

Leah was never a blushing person, but the last week Fred is making her blush more and more, not as much or as red she could blush but still, she was happy her head was still in her closet when he said that.

"They always do a dress code, now it's red and black but still very posh." She rolled her eyes as she poked her head out of the closet. She pulled out a red dress and frowned at it. "Maybe this one?" She whispered to herself before she disappeared in the bathroom.

When she came out wearing the little red lace dress with a plunge neckline, sleeves that just covered her shoulders, Fred stopped breathing as he took her in as she was putting on her heels. When she looked back up, she saw him staring.

"What? Do I need to pick something else?"

"No." He croaked out, the famous Weasley blush creeping up again. He stood up from the bed and stopped right in front of her. "You look stunning." He took in a deep breath as he looked her up and down, stopping back at her eyes. "If it were up to me-" He graced his fingers over her cheek. "You wouldn't be leaving this room."

Her breath hitched at the look he gave her and for the first time she didn't have a reply because she was confused; one time he's telling her things like this and the other he says he just wants to be friends. She closed her eyes and whispered. "Can you hold my hand, like at the burrow?"

Fred reached over without saying anything and wrapped his hand around hers, squeezing it as hard as he could. He knew it worked from the moment her eyes found his again, a smile on her lips. He took in that smile, those eyes, just everything about her.

After a long moment, the bell rang, and Leah stepped back. "We should get going."

"Hm, yeah." He looked down at his own clothes. "Do you think they will let me in?" He grinned.

"I think that won't be a problem." She chuckled.

"Good, don't want to leave a pretty lady alone at the party all night." He winked as she put on her black leather jacket.

"Come on, before the cab driver leaves." She held open the door and they walked down the steps.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to a car ride." Fred said holding his stomach.

"If I can get used to using the floo, you can get used to a freaking car ride." She rolled her eyes, playfully at him. And started walking to the large house the driver stopped in front of.

"Wow! They throw you a party in a mansion?!" Fred said as he looked over the large white brick mansion with two fountains in the front yard.

"It's my friend, Whitney's house. Her parents' house to be exact, they work in the music business."

"Very lucrative business, so it seems." Fred gawked as they passed ugly ass golden lion statues.

"Hm, yeah. It's a very showing-everyone-how-much-money-I-have family." She crunched up her nose to the statues.

"How do you know Whitney?"

"School, we went to the same prep school. Whitney isn't that bad though, her brother is way worse." She said is she reached the large double front doors.