A Double Date

Leah and Fred were working on her veggie lasagne together in her kitchen, and the kitchen was messy with sauce and flour everywhere. Leah had fallen into a laughing fit when Fred tried to make fresh pasta noodles. She had tucked away his wand, so he had to make it the muggle way. The floo roared and Hermione and George stepped out of the fireplace together, hand in hand. They turned to the kitchen when they heard Leah's laugh booming through the house. When they entered the kitchen, Leah was doubled over laughing while Fred glared at her, holding pieces of noodle in his hands.

"What's going on in here?" George grinned, leaning on the counter, his eyes going back and forward between the two. Hermione in mean while hopped on the barstool and looked at the destroyed kitchen, eyes wide.

Fred's head whipped to his brother, surprised to see him sitting there. Neither Leah nor Fred had heard them come in.

"He... wanted... to... help." Leah managed to say between laughs, pointing at the messed-up pasta in his hands and on the counter, her laugh starting to get down.

"I guess he needs to work on that." Hermione snickered, picking up a piece of noodle and examining it close. Leah looked to Hermione before she fell back into a fit of laughter.

"I hate you." Fred grumbled. Leah stopped laughing and smiled at him wide.

"No, you don't." She said licking her lips. She took out her wand from her back pocket and waved it making the mess clear up. "I'll just finish, you sit down." She waved him off with a grin. George and Fred crossed paths as he sat down next to Hermione and George came up next to her. "Hi, Georgie." Leah kissed his cheek.

"I'll help." He stated, rolling up his sleeves. Leah gave him a pointed look, making him chuckle. "I know, I know. No magic." He said and started rolling the dough. "I'm a much better cook that Fred, or Hermione for that matter." He winked at Hermione, who gave him a glare. "Am I lying?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"No." She stuck out her tongue to him.

He turned back to Leah grinning. "Maybe we should get them some cooking lessons."

"Why?" Fred asked, making Leah and George look to him. "We have you two to cook for us." He grinned wide.

"Don't think I'll be cooking every day, Weasley."

"We can get take-out once in a while." Fred clicked his tongue behind his grin. Leah shook her head before turning to George and whispered something in his ear, making him laugh loudly. Fred glared at the two, but they ignored him as they finished the noodles, laughing.

"Why don't you two make yourself useful and set the table." George nudged his head to the dining room. Hermione jumped off the barstool and pulled Fred with her. George turned to her as the two of them headed to the dining table. "Leah... uhm." George rubbed his neck nervously. She had started stirring the sauce and stopped to look at him. "I just wanted to say thanks."

"For what?"

"What not?" He chuckled. "For Fred, for convincing me, for being one of my best friends, for... for Hermione."

"No, need to thank me, George. You know that."

"I'm just so glad to have you in my life." He took one large step towards her and wrapped his arms tightly around her. She was surprised at first before bringing her arms around his waist. They stood there for a moment, just letting the last few months sink in. The pulled back slightly when they heard someone clear their throat.

"Problem, brother?" George grinned pulling Leah close to him.

"You got your own girl now, so leave mine alone." Fred grumbled, the corners of his lips in a slight lift.