A Lioness

An hour later Fred and George came back through the doors of the hospital wing, Hermione and Harry appeared immediately by their side. The rest of the family and Minerva stood up in the back of the wing as they entered.

"Did you find her?" Harry asked, looking behind them to the empty hallway.

"Where is she?" Hermione looked up to George, taking his hand in hers softly.

"We couldn't find her, she's gone."

"Do you know where she might go?" Harry said as they walked to the rest.

"Her parents maybe? Her flat is as good as empty after staying here." Fred dropped on Leah's bed; he could still smell her vanille shampoo on the pillow.

"She can't go far, can she? Her parents are away, and she doesn't work at the moment." Ginny inquired.

"About that..." George eased in; Fred looked at him with a cocked brow. "She can go anywhere she likes. She has a vault full of money, since she's the heir of Godric Gryffindor." His eyes wandered to Minerva, who gave him a short nod. "And she has muggle money. Her grandparents had a real estate office, a very successful one. And when her Nan died, she inherited half of the business."

"You're saying she's rich?" Ron gasped.

"Yeah, probably richer that the Malfoys and Potter together." Silence fell in the room, Fred still looked at his brother in shock. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind.

"So, she could be anywhere in the world right now?"

"If she's using magic, it's only through floo since she can't apparate yet."

"And if she's going to muggle route, she could still be in the UK." Hermione continued George's train of thought. "She can easily take a train through the UK but via plane... she needs to buy a ticket, go through border patrol, it takes a while."

"Do you want to go find her? We can help, if you want." Charlie offered. Charlie saw the devastated look when the twins came back in and knew they had to get Leah back, even after what their mum thought of her. Speaking off, Molly was sitting quietly in the corner, playing nervously with her fingers as the others talked, her twins pointedly avoided her eyes.

"Maybe we should give her some time." Minerva answered before the twins could. "Besides Kingsley is on his way."

"The minister?" Percy gasped as he tried to straighten his shirt. "Why is the minister coming?"

"Well, I think he needs to know about Fred. And we need to figure out what to say to everyone."

"Can't we just tell them about Leah's sight?" Ron piped up.

"No, if everyone knows she can speak with the dead and somehow got Fred back, everyone will go after her." George said shaking his head.

"George is right." Bill answered. "We need to come up with another story."

Leah did go by her flat, just to check her mail. She pulled the letters out of her mailbox and shoved it in her bag before she walked her way to the train station. She was just on time to catch her train and when she made herself comfortable at the window seat, she pulled out the letters. Checking them one by one, but it was the last one that caught her eye. It was a letter form the lawyer's office. She ripped it open and unfolded the letter, her eyes scanning the pages in rapid speed.

The house, Nan's house, where the train is taking her now, is hers, fully hers. Her grandmother left it to her, and she could come by the office to pick up the keys. But of course, now she doesn't need them, since her silver wand is safely tucked in her holster. She put the letter down and looked out the window, the landscapes flashing by as she twirled her crescent moon necklace between her fingers.