CEOs & Explosions

The days went by swiftly and she really enjoyed her time at Hogwarts, but now she was really excited by another part of her life. Her game, she had finally finished it and was ready to find the right buyer. She was promoting her game through the connections she had with her previous job, and it paid off. She had a meeting with a couple of CEOs from several companies in her own house in a few days and she was making sure everything was muggle proof. She put another charm on the goalposts, Minerva had thought her. She put everything away that might look weird for the muggle eye. It wasn't easy with George and Fred around, taking home stuff from the shop. But thank Merlin, Hermione had officially moved in after Valentine's! Every time the boys walked in with their arms full, she ushered them back into the floo and told them to wait a few days.

The day of the meeting, the twins were busy in the shop and weren't allowed to come home until she contacted them, while Hermione had classes the whole day. Leah closed her floo and put anti-apparition on the house, just to be sure. She had put the everything ready in the dining room, together with drinks and snacks. She was nervously pacing back and forward when the doorbell rang. She swallowed thickly and wiped her hands on her jeans before she went to open the door.

"Welcome." She greeted the first to arrive with a wide smile. "Come in. I'm Leah Derijker." She offered her hand.

"Michael Russo." He shook her hand. "You have beautiful house." He said looking around.

"Thank you, it was my grandmother's." She walked him to the dining room and poured him a glass of water.

Ten minutes later she was standing in front of ten CEOs from ten different companies. She took in a deep breath as she started showing the game she had made. It was a recording of the twins and Harry playing it. It took over an hour before she finished telling every detail. They all asked questions during the presentation, which she answered without a second thought. When she finally stopped talking, she looked around the room, all of the men had a serious impression plastered on their faces, not revealing if they liked it or not. She lowered herself on the seat at the head of the table and intertwined her hands together as she faced them, not letting them show how fucking nervous she was. She heard the clock on the wall tick slowly, that was the only sound that was heard in the room. It even looked like nobody was breathing.

"That was quite the presentation. You made the game by yourself?" An older man asked a bit accusatory.

"I did." Her eyes narrowed slightly at the man. "I didn't have any help from a man, if that is what you're implying."

The man looked taken aback by her directness, but more than one snickered at that and the tension flowed away.

"I really like it." The man who arrived first smiled, Michael. "Do you have copy of the game? I would like to show it to my partner."

"Yes, I have." She smiled as she handed him on. Then all the others asked to get once too, making her heart jump slightly in excitement. "And if you have any other questions, my information is on the back of the cases."

The men all looked at the back of the case before putting it in their briefcases. They all stood up and came to shake her hand before they went to their cars and drove away. The last one in her house was Michael. He put his papers with notes in his briefcase and walked towards her, hand outstretched.

"You did an amazing job, Leah." He gave her a firm handshake. "The game is great, and you presented with much more confident and grace I possible could've when I was your age."

"Oh, thank you." She smiled.

"You'll be hearing from us soon." He smiled and with a wave of the cd-case walked out of the house. Leah dropped down relieved in her chair and let of a deep breath. When she saw that all the cars were gone, she squealed happily and with a wave of her wand, blasted up the music as she danced. She lifted the wards on the house and opened the floo, all while she danced around the room.