Notes

It wasn't home where she was sleeping now, not her home anyway. After dinner at the twins flat, she easily fell asleep on their couch. Her head rested on a pillow and her knees curled up high, she slept soundly. Fred was sitting in the corner of the couch watching her sleep as George cleared the dishes.

"Fred?" George asked looking around.

Fred tore his gaze away from the sleeping girl and looked to George. He flicked the pen on the table making it spin, telling George he's here. George nodded and sat on the armchair next to him.

"Do you think we can find a way to bring you back?" George whispered, trying not to wake the sleeping young woman.

Between the four of us, it's our best chance. He wrote down.

"I can't believe we can communicate!" George grinned. "I know we didn't find out a lot today, but we're getting a step closer to answers."

Dumbledore should have some.

"Yeah, I reckon too."

I just wish I know how we got the scars.

"Have you asked her about it? I know you both don't know how you got it, but we know when. When did she get hers?"

I don't know, I only know she had it for years.

George looked over at Leah before looking at the pen that floated in the air. "You like her, don't you?"

Fred wasn't startled by the question, even in this state, George knew him too well. He looked back to Leah, who snorted in her sleep, making him smile.

"Fred?" George asked as he didn't get an answer. "Yeah, it's a complicated situation but don't let that stop you. You deserve to be happy; I know you never found someone who matched your pace..."

Burn this after, alright? Yeah, I like her. I'm crazy about her, it feels like I've known her for years. But... what if I'm a ghost forever? I can't do that to her.

" We'll get you back, Freddie. I'll do – she will do anything to get you back. Back to us, to her."

You think so?

"Have you seen the way she looks at you? I know so!" George said a matter of fact. "What I found out about her is, she's pretty straight forward. If you would ask, she would just tell you."

Fred smiled at George, before his eyes found her again. Always finding her, again and again.

"I should put her in bed." George said standing up. Fred nodded, even though he knew George couldn't see and watched his twin pick her up.

"Fred." Leah mumbled as she snuggled her head in George's chest. George's eyes went comically wide, before he winked in Fred's direction. Fred turning red once again due to a certain strawberry blonde girl as he followed his twin to his room. George carefully put her down on Fred's bed and covered her under the freshly washed blankets. George transfigured her jeans and sweater into red flannel pyjamas, to make her more comfortable.

When they got back to the living room, George grin grew. "I told you."

Fred chucked his pen at him, hitting him straight between the eyes. Fred smirked as he flopped down on the couch.

"Great aim, for a ghost." George chuckled, placing the pen back next to the paper.

Be careful, Georgie. Or I'll write Hermione a love note from you.

George face paled at that before falling in a fit of laughter. "Great to have you back, twin-o-mine."

They talked and wrote to each other into well of the night. Catching up on the events of the past year, of his family and friends. When George started to yawn, Fred had to threaten him, for him to go to sleep, George finally conceded. Fred made his way to his old room where Leah was snoring slightly. She was lying flat on her stomach, her arms stretched above her head, shoved under the pillow. Her flannel shirt was crept up a bit, showing of a tattoo on her hip. Fred laid down next to her and studied the tattoo. It was the letter A with under it two different years, 1989 & 1998. The years her sister and grandmother died, he figured. He frowned as he calculated the years. They never asked or told each other their age but Leah was a year older than him, maybe with him now in between life and death, two years. He looked back up to her face as he reached over and shifted the lock of hair from her face, making her shiver. He traced lines over her face; from her eyebrows to her nose, to down her lips. He sighed as he dropped his hand and focused on her breathing, trying to get in his trance-like state. It didn't take long, and his mind filled with images that he was holding her close.