A Stick

After wandering through the castle for the last few hours and getting lost more than once she finally made it back to Minerva's office. When she entered, she saw the room completely empty except for Minerva and sighed a breath of relief.

"I've been wondering where you were." Minerva said as she looked up.

"I've been exploring the castle, I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not, Leah. Before we go there is something I want to talk to you about." She said as she gestured her hand to the seat in front of her. Leah walked closer and sat down in front of the headmistress. "Since you'll be staying her for the next few days and Hermione will probably teach you here at the castle, I thought, if you want, you can stay here. I can set you up in one of the extra sleeping quarters we have here at Hogwarts."

"Oh." She said surprised. "For how long?"

"As long as you want."

"But what about my flat? What about my work?"

"You can sublet your flat, you rent it don't you?"

"Actually... It's my flat. The whole building is mine actually."

"Really?" Minerva said with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, well..." Leah said as she rubbed her neck. "My grandparents had their own real estate office, Otter Estate."

"Otter Estate?" Minerva mumbled. "I think I heard of it before."

"Hm. Otter Estate is now over the whole UK; it grew really big. A few months before my Nan died, she left me half of the business."

"You own half of Otter Estate?" Minerva's mouth dropped open. "Isn't that worth-"

"Yeah."

"I thought George said you lived in an old one-bedroom flat."

"I do. I don't flaunt my money. I still have a job; I ride my bike. When the attorneys are done looking over her will, I hope I get a chance to buy or move into her house. It was the place I felt the most at home. I'm the last resident in my building so after I move out, I can get it renovated and rent out the flats."

"And what do you do for work?"

Leah went into full explanation mode as she talked about her job, answering the question she had. The last weeks she hasn't done much for her job and she missed it. But she knew what her being a witch now, with her seeing the dead, her life would never be the same or as simple again.

"So, you're planning on running a business, developing games and practicing magic?"

"My mother inherited the other half and she's doing the day to day; I just have some of my side-projects." She shrugged. "And I actually wrote a letter for my boss to ask for a sabbatical, so I can focus my energy on this, here. I just need to post it... the muggle way." She smiled.

"We can go into London after Ollivanders. And we can go to your flat to pick some of your things up."

"Great."

"We better get going now. I told Mr. Ollivander we'll be arriving at noon." She said standing up. "We can floo right in his shop."

"Good morning, Mrs. McGonagall." The older man smiled as they stepped out of the floo, into his shop. The shop was empty except for the three of them. A large dark brown counter stood on their right, behind them a wall full of long rectangle boxes, on their left two dark blue armchairs next to the window and the door to Diagon Alley.