Revelations

The next morning the three of them made themselves comfortable on the couch in the twins flat as George enlarged the chest and took out the rest of the letters.

Years without.

A year later I gave birth to your mother, I haven't seen any ghosts since my mother. I went years without seeing the dead. When Cassandra reached out to me again, I asked. She told me because I don't have the full sight, I only see people who were close to me, who I loved. And I had to learn how to contact them, but I never could. I think I never fully accepted the sight, the magic that ran through me.

I know you can, LéLé. When you accept who you are, what you can do, you'll do great things. I fully believe in you. Like I said, I went years without seeing, so I put my focus on my family. I put the sight, the research behind me.

The first time I saw a ghost again was when your grandfather died, a few months before you and Addie were born. But this was different, he was still so young when he died. I felt broken. He appeared to me on the night of his funeral. He was with me every day, every night. I went to see Cassandra, to ask why this was different, why he didn't leave. She told me we were linked, bonded for life. But because my magic wasn't strong enough it didn't create the necessary link to bring him back. It was hard, for the both of us, to know I would never be able to touch him, to hold him again. But we needed to accept this new reality and even though it was hard at times, I was always happy to have him by my side, one way or another.

The twins

Then you and Addie were born, just like the prophecy said, in the beginning of May, with the last snow but there was no crescent moon that night. Still, I went to track Cassandra down but since I didn't know where she lived it wasn't that easy. Ten months after you two were born, I found her. That's when I found out about a whole other world. Witches, wizards, dragons, magic, it was all real. It was actually her great-great-granddaughter that had spilled the beans. She was only about 15 or 16 when I met her, Sybil. She thought because I came to see Cassandra, that I was a witch. She talked about her classes at Hogwarts, OWL's, and a lot of other things, the whole time flipping her wand between her fingers. When Cassandra came into the room, she froze as she figured out what happened. That is when she brought me up to speed.

I asked her, I asked her if one of you will be the one with immense power. She confirmed it, she had felt the power being born, even though there wasn't a crescent moon that night... she knew it was one of you, but she didn't know which one had received it. That it may not show for years.

So, I watched you. I watched you and Addie, seeing if one of you showed any signs of magic, of seeing the dead, but nothing happened.

A few months before Cassandra died, she had another vision, a second part of your prophecy.
A girl with strawberry blond hair. In her early twenties, was sitting next to a red head, one part of another identical set of twins, a Weasley, in Regent's Park. A ghost. This will be the first time that she would receive the sight. The start of much more as her powers grow. The only way to bring him back, to reach her full power was with the help of the crescent moon, the truth, participes sanguinis.

It wasn't until your scar in 1986 that I knew it was you. That you'll be the one that would bring magic back into our family, to save a fallen soldier, thereby saving the life of his twin. It was so much pressure to give a 9-year-old. I wanted you to have a normal childhood, so I kept it to myself waiting until you were old enough.

Then Addie died.

You had to grow up too fast. Losing a sister, a twin. I was devasted when she died, but seeing you without her, trying to cope with her sudden death, that was what broke my heart. I was so afraid I would lose you too. Then my worst nightmare came true when you tried to take your own life. You were only thirteen at the time.