Date Night

The next month was busy, crowded, exciting, exhausting, happy. George moved in the next day. He and Fred packed up his things in an hour and floo'd everything over immediately. It wasn't that much of course, mainly clothes, books, somethings to decorate his room. They agreed they would create most of their stuff at the store, but Leah renovated part of the garage into a workspace as they often brought work home with them and she didn't mind, she loved seeing the twins at work. Seeing them work so in sync and developing news things, it was truly amazing. Hermione came by a couple of nights a week to watch a movie, play games or just to have a nice dinner with the others. Hermione and Leah had started their private lessons at Hogwarts, they chose to have the same hours as the twins so they would have the same time off together.

And the lessons were going great, the thing that was most difficult for her was potions. There were so many ingredients and actions to take before completing a potion. The easy ones she had mastered quickly because it made her think about cooking but the more that came to it, the harder it got.

She was agitated as she came from a day full of failed potions and stepped out the floo in her house. The kitchen already had a great smell sending throughout the house. So, of course, she followed it and to no surprise George was cooking in the kitchen, singing loudly to one of the songs of the radio.

"Hey, you okay?" George asked worried as she dropped down on one of the barstools in front of him.

"I had fucking potions today." She grumbled, letting her head fall on her arms.

"Still having trouble with it?" George reached over and gently rubbed her arm. "You know what..." George started, suddenly having an idea. "Why don't you come to work sometime this week?"

Leah lifted her head and looked confused at George. "What?"

"I'm restocking and I know you've been really interested in our stuff. Why don't you come with us and see and help me make some of our things. Maybe if you find it lucrative or even remotely interesting, you'll get a hang of it."

Leah frowned as she thought it over, before looking at George with a smile. "I can try that; I would give anything to find a way to learn it."

"Great, I'm opening the shop tomorrow at 8 this week, when Verity gets there at 9, I'll start in the back, then you can come over."

"No, I'll help you set up." She smiled before she took a piece of paper from the counter and scribbled a quick note. "Let me just send Hermione a message." With a wave of her wand, the paper burned up and was gone. George looked at the little puff of smoke that still lingered.

"What was that?"

"Oh, I've sent Hermione a fire message."

"A fire message?"

"I found it in one of the books in the restricted section. It's handy and easy, but once you've read it, the paper burst into flames and it's gone, and only the person for who it's destined for can read it. So, I only use it with Minerva and Hermione. You and Fred would forget the moment the paper disintegrated." She chuckled, looking at George's mock hurt as he stirred his pot. "What are you making anyway? It smells delicious."

George slapped her hand away when she reached over. "You have to wait until tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Leah whined.

"Yes, you have other plans tonight."

"Do I now?" Leah asked, excitement in her voice as she cocked an eyebrow. George grinned at her before taking an envelope out of his back pocket and slides it over to her on the countertop. Leah looked intrigued at the envelope in front of her before she tore open the side and took out the letter.