Gone Girl

Leah hoped she wasn't crying, hoped her body wasn't showing any signs on the fact that she heard Molly, that she heard every single thing that she thought about her. Her heart broke at her words, the only thing that helped her hold it together was Fred's hand in hers.

She was still stuck in the dark, still stuck in between as her magic started to come back, healing her once again. She could hear the voices around her as if they were sitting right next to her, but she couldn't see them, touch them. She recognized the voices of Mrs. & Mr. Weasley, Bill, Ron, Ginny, Minerva and the twins. So, she figured the whole Weasley clan was in the hospital wing. There was one voice she didn't recognize, and the only one she could think of was that Charlie was back from Romania.

Even though she was stuck here in bardo, she was happy, happy to know that it worked. That Fred was back with his family, his twin. She could hear the cries of joy when they saw him, alive in Hogwarts. She didn't know how much time has passed since Minerva's office, how long she's been unconscious, but she knew she had to heal, had to wait for her magic to get back to her. Then she heard him, and her heart instantly skipped a beat.

"Come back to me." Fred's voice whispered and it sounded as if he was standing right behind her. She closed her eyes, imagining he was really there with her.

"I'm coming."

It went quiet after that, for how long, she didn't know. What she did know was that Fred never let go of her hand. She focused on the tight grip he had on her, afraid is she would lose that, she would be lost in bardo forever.

"I don't care what Minerva said." She heard Molly's voice again in a whispered tone. "She lied to us, all of us. She just wanted Fred for herself, so she could have an in with the magical community. I won't have it!" She hissed.

"Molly." It was Arthur, for sure, as he pleaded with his wife.

"No, I'm taking Fred and George home the moment they wake up! She won't get her hands on either of them." Arthur didn't answer but she knew he was rubbing his face tirelessly. "They'll understand eventually."

"Molly, she saved Fred."

"I know." Her voiced softened a bit. "And I'll always be grateful for that but she's a liar and... she can see the dead, that's not normal!"

Ah, there it is. Leah thought to herself. She's afraid, afraid of her.

They stopped talking suddenly and then she heard George mumble something as he woke up. Then his voice became clearer as he came closer to her bed.

"Hey, Leah. Time for you to come out of it. It's not funny anymore." She heard that he tried to say it teasingly, but the worry overshadowed it.

"George, we're all staying here tonight. Madam Pomfrey wants to keep Fred here for tonight, just to make sure."

"Why don't you all sleep at home and come back in the morning."

"If you think I'll let him out of my sight again."

"Fine, fine." George surrendered. "But I don't know if you can tear Fred away from her."

"He's coming home if he wants to or not. He won't stay here."

"Mum." George groaned.

"Let's talk in the morning." Arthur intervened. "The others are already in bed, let's go Molly." And silence fell again in the hospital wing, in her darkness.

She pursed her eyes together before they flew open. It was dark in the room, but she knew where she was. She looked to her right and Fred was sleeping next to her, his hand still firmly in place. She smiled as she looked at him, peacefully asleep. Then the smile faltered as she heard Molly across from them muttering in her sleep. She didn't want to break-up the family, not when they just got Fred back. She climbed out of bed and stroked Fred's hair back that fell over his face, memorizing every freckle on his face. She leaned down, tears in her eyes and placed a soft kiss on his lips, when she pulled back a smile appeared on his face.