Valentines

Both girls, never being a big fan of Valentine's Day, were now happily decorating the castle with Derek. Since it wasn't an official holiday all the kids still had their classes, so that meant Hermione and Derek too. So, the three of them decided to decorate the south side of the castle while the other professors were scattered around the rest. It was still very early, Leah had slipped out of bed carefully, trying not wake up Fred who held a tight grip on her. Which wasn't an easy task, she had to scoot over inch by inch, taking almost fifteen minutes before she got out of bed without him waking up. She had placed a special daydream charm on her pillow for him before she quickly changed and floo'd over to the castle with Hermione. Ever since Christmas, Hermione was spending more and more of her time sleeping over at her house, but she didn't mind. She loved Hermione there, she loved seeing George being a love-sick puppy and loved that Fred and Hermione were getting along better by the day.

But now she was waving her wand as she walked through the corridor, while Hermione and Derek jumped in every classroom they passed. Red streamers of hearts and little cupids were flying in the air, shooting arrows in the air. A bunch of large red balloons grazed the door frame of the great hall. The great hall itself was already fully decorated thanks to the expertise of one Minerva McGonagall. When Hermione and Derek stepped up next to her, their eyes went wide as they scanned the room.

"Wow." They sighed on either side of her.

"Minerva really went for it." Leah's smile grew as she saw the headmistress on the other side of the room. "Minerva." Leah started when they reached her. "I didn't know you were such a big fan of Valentine's."

"I'm not. But the kids love it." She shrugged as she finished the last streamer and sat down on her chair. "Sit, the elves even made special treats today." At that moment, all different kind of cupcakes and cookies in a heart appeared on the teacher's table.

"Can't say no to that, can we ladies?" Derek grinned ad gestured for them to sit first.

Minerva was telling them what kind of declarations she saw over the years at Hogwarts, from the most sweet and genuine, to the most cringe worthy. The other teachers started to come in first before the students appeared in the great hall. All talking and looking around the great hall in amazement. Leah wondered if they would see some declarations during breakfast and her eyes scanned the crowd, not only in anticipation but also it the possible heartbreak that may come.

She was so busy on focussing on the kids in front of her, she didn't notice that an owl had delivered an envelope in front of her. She only became aware when the owl nipped her finger.

"Ouch." She stuck her finger in her mouth. "Stella." The owl cocked her head and gave her a small hoot. "Here you go." She gave her a piece of bread as she untied the letter.

Before she had time to open the letter, the letter flew up and opened on itself as Everything I do, I do it for you started to play. But when the first word was sung, it wasn't Bryan Adams voice, it was Fred's. The music, the voice was so loud, the whole great hall looked at Leah, who looked at the letter in shock. Hermione, next to her, looked the same way, before she nudged her and pointed at the entrance of the great hall with a grin. Fred was standing there, in a nice muggle suit, singing his longs out through a microphone. The kids who were all looking at her, all turned to look at the red head who started to walk towards the teachers' table.

"Oh God!" Leah laughed as she put her head in hands, shaking it.

"Well, he certainly has a flair for the dramatics." Derek laughed next to her.

"You don't say." She smiled as she looked to Derek, before she turned to a snickering Hermione. "Don't laugh, Granger. Don't think George won't do anything big." Leah's grin went wide when she saw Hermione pale at the thought. Fred was nearing the table, as he handed out roses to all the young girls while singing, making the girls all blush fiercely.