parallel.

One hour after Amoryia and Aiden left.

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐎♛

𝐀nalyzing the small and delicate box i carefully open it for the 20th time tonight. What was so special about it. I couldn't figure out how and who had placed the ring in my office with out me noticing or picking it up on cameras.

Shit we really need new cams.

Two small letters were placed below the box when i first entered  my room. Finally opening mine i sat there and read every little bit of it. It was well written, no mistakes and it wasn't written by pen. The message was done in a way i wouldn't be able to trace it back. I even checked for finger prints but except my own there were none there.

After throwing the envelope along with my letter into my mini fire place i down my 5th bottle of the night.

Deciding i would follow the instructions on the letter i make my way to her room before knocking a few times. After hearing nothing i decide to open the door, thinking she'd be asleep. A pond entering into the dimly lit room i find an empty bed. The pills and water i had left for her were untouched. Sighing to myself i sit on the bed that had a radiating smell of brownies and sugar cubes, a smell that fit her a little to well, i place the ring on the bed.

Sitting there for a moment i picture her on this bed and us having a conversation about us, and how i was ready to restart with her if it meant i'd have to let go on finding out who she truly was and that i still trust her with my life and eventually i'd trust her with the life of my kids. But she wasn't in the room, she left.

Deciding i'd go after her wherever she would be in the house i got up and made my way downstairs, then to our lowest floor, then back upstairs and then again all the way to our highest floor. Checked all the rooms, shit even my brother's who seemed to be hiding something but i knew for sure it wasn't Amoryia, my brother was a lot of things but he knew how i felt about her.

She had really left, but not alone. Aiden was also missing from the house. The one time i wish he'd stay he left and she went with him.

Returning back to my room i check the cameras, indeed they had left together yet i didn't blame her, i couldn't. I broke her trust and though she had done the same for me i should've known better. I should of been upfront and asked her myself, it was because of me she left, because of me she got taken and because of me she chose him.

Drinking the remaining of my sixth bottle i sat there and lost myself in my thoughts.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

The next morning.

Eating my breakfast calmly without distractions since i was up much earlier than every one i look at the plate of food i set at her seat. I knew she couldn't cook for the life of her and the only reason i had made food for her was because i didn't want the house to catch on fire.

My eyes drifting back to my macbook where i continue typing out an email.

Surprisingly i hear a door shut and a few moments later Amoryia appears in my line of sight. My eyes immediately lock with her extremely tired ones, a look on her face i've seen before, she been crying. As she bring a hand up to pass it through her hair my eyes then get caught on a shiny object wrapped on her finger.

Heart burn.

She was wearing the ring despite everything she still whore it. Getting closer she finds the plate of food and becomes visibly more relaxed as she takes a seat and takes a fruit from her plate and places it in her mouth.

Yet she still chose him.

Not wanting to have to say anything but needing too i finally speak. « Next week is the engagement party we both get to bring a plus one , Aiden is not an option, but you can bring whoever else you'd like. the colours are cool tones. » i finish with a cold tone. « I have a mission that urgently needs my attention so i'll be out for most of this week but i'll always pick up the phone for you Amoryia. »

The entire time i spoke she didn't say a word. She just sat there seemingly enjoying her meal while listening to me not bothering to look at me in the eyes.

Hearing more footsteps my eyes avert from her figure and onto a woman in presumingly nothing but a shirt walking along side my brother.

Imani i believe was her name? As she walks up to amoryia siting at the table she leans down kissing her on the temple and whispering something into her ear before she smirks and walks away towards to door where Alessio was leaning against.

Communicating with my eyes i basically ask him "what the fuck" he lifts his hands showing me the number 9 as he mouths "nine rounds" with a grin, i look at him and shake my head with a slight smile.

As they make their way out the house my attention is brought back to Amoryia who looked like she was about to fall asleep in the middle of eating her breakfast.

Getting up i bring my plate to the kitchen before returning to the table i ask; « can i? » hoping she'd understand what i meant.

After a moment she rasps out; « Please. »

Not a second later and she was in my arms huddled up against me as i slowly walked towards the stairs secretly never wanting this moment to end.

Making my way upstairs Aiden leaves his room and instead of saying anything snarky he nods at me a says « Take care of them. » A sentence i couldn't wrap my head around but figuring english wasn't his first language and he probably meant her i nod back as i take her to her room.

« Your room » Amoryia mutters.

Complying with her demands i turn around  and unlock my door. Walking over to my bed i lay down on the bed with her on top on me instead of simply putting her down.
As we sat there i whispered to her while she slept all the things i wish i could tell her face to face. Finishing with « I'm so sorry Amor. » As i myself dozed off to sleep with the love of my life sleeping right over me.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Waking up to the weight of nothing i glance around my room my eyes stoping at the light peeking from my bathroom. After a moment of silence i hear the toilet flush and my sink turn on.

Deciding to play dead i close my eyes waiting for Amoryia's next move.

As i hear the light flick off then a moment later i feel Amoryia's soft lips against my temple before she whispers « Gracias lindo. »

As she left i found myself smiling in my sleep like an idiot.

⋆ An idiot inlove? ⋆

Shut the fuck up.

lol