Chapter 4

Rayna

The sound of a thud wakes me. I jump up only to realize I'm in a bed.

My head feels like a thousand pounds and my stomach feels nauseous.

"Maybe I'm in a dream. Maybe I didn't agree to marry that man just to escape the possibility of torture." I reassure myself.

My hope is lost when the door opens and my dream turns into a living nightmare.

"Good you're awake. We are landing in thirty minutes." Zade explains

"Why am I on a plane?"

"I don't live in Chicago. I live in Miami."

My heart drops. "Miami? I can't move to Miami! I have a job and my things are in Chicago!"

"No they are not, all your things are under this plane. I left the furniture since you won't be needing them. I also left a lovely note for your roommate informing her that you were offered a job in Maryland and they wanted you right away so you moved."

My anger rises, "you didn't tell me I'd have to move out of Chicago!" I yell

His calm demeanor changes. "Listen to me clearly Rayna, I don't tolerate disrespect from anyone. So fix your tone. Secondly you made your choice and I don't explain things to anyone."

"You're a dick!" I retort

He stares at me momentarily before making his way towards the bed room door. "Be glad that I don't hit women Rayna." He says calmly before walking out of the room.

Once the plane lands the door opens up to two vehicles and a truck. I am escorted by several men to a matte black Benz G-Wagon with black rims and tinted windows.

I expect Zade to drive but the other man hops in the vehicle.

Before pulling off he stares at me, "im not gonna lie, you have some balls girl!"

My eyes widen in shock. I thought he was going to threaten my life or something.

"I don't follow."

"You yelled at him. Man, if I yelled at him he'd definitely punch me or I'd end up in a body bag." He explains

Not knowing what to say I fidget with my fingers.

"I'm Jace by the way, and that asshole that is now your fiancé is my brother."

I whip my head in his direction. "You guys are brothers?"

"Yup,"

"Can I ask where you're taking me?" I ask

"I'm taking you to the house. It's the main house, which consists of thirty bedrooms and forty bathrooms. We all live there but whenever Zade wants to get away he goes to his private home about three miles down the street."

He starts the engine to the vehicle and drives off.

"Do your parents live there?"

"Sí, along with my other brother Josiah, and our friends Mariah, and Sarah. There are guards always there but they have shifts so technically they don't live there. My mom will explain everything to you once we get there"

"What!! I can't meet your parents in my pajamas. Find me a store to get a dress!" I demand

He smiles, "at first I was scared for you. I thought you were some weak whiny girl who was gonna cry and be traumatized, but you have proved me wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"You saw him kill someone and yet you're not shaking in your boots or crying. That's....different to say the least." He elaborates.