Chapter 15

Rayna

I'd be lying if I said that I'm in a celebratory mood. I most definitely am not, but later tonight is a pre-planned dinner with Zade and some closest associates.

Last minute I decided to hold off going to Zade's house until today. Apparently I already have a wardrobe over there so there was nothing for me to pack.

I enter the black Maybach where Zade is waiting for me. He's been really supportive but I'm yet to tell anyone what happened two days ago.

I have no doubt that he's doing his own research but I'm also confident that he'll come up empty.

My normal sexy style has been replaced with sweat pants and hoodies despite Miami's ninety degree weather.

I can feel him looking at me but he says nothing. Silently he drives to his house.

The drive was no more than five minutes.

Before entering he puts his thumb on a pad and the gate opens. We drive up a long driveway to a beautiful modern dark house, with big windows and palm trees all around it.

There are seven other luxurious cars in the driveway. On any other day I'd be excited but I can't seem to shake the sick feeling building up in my stomach.

He parks the car and walks around to open my door.

Using a code he opens the front door. I gasp at the decor of the place. There's a lot of black decor yet the house feels like a breath of fresh air.

He gives me a tour of the entire mansion which has ten bedrooms and fifteen bathrooms.

"There are about fifty guards on this property at all times. The code for the front door is your birthday."

My eyes widen, "you know my birthday?"

"Yes, you were born on June 7, 1999."

"When is your birthday?" I ask

"March 20" he replies

Both of our birthdays have already passed but I'll make sure to keep note of his.

"What time is the dinner?" I ask

"In three hours. Your closet has tons of outfits you can choose from. There's no need for gowns, but it's more of a semi formal attire ."

"I don't even know what that means Zade." I state truthfully.

"It means dress how you want to dress. Dress like how you'd dress if you were going to a club"

I sigh and make my way to the bedroom to start getting ready.

After wasting two hours I'm hopes to find the right outfit, I decided to wear a short crystal skirt with a gray top and silver heels.