Chapter 7

Zade

Today is the day I've been dreading all week. My wedding day.

My mother planned the whole thing. She claims the theme is diamonds and elegance; in other words the wedding didn't cost less than two million dollars.

I try to block the events of last night out of my mind. It was my mother's idea for me to dance with Rayna.

I may fight with my mother often, but I love and respect her, so I agreed to do one dance.

That once dance has kept me up all night.

The moment she walked into the room my heart dropped. Her dress complimented her skin, the way how it glowed in the chandelier lighting.

When she danced in my arms and made eye contact with me, an unusual feeling I can't describe erupted inside of me.

While dancing I started paying attention to small details on her face. Like how I never noticed the beauty mark right above her lip, or how she has to beauty marks next to her eye, or how very neat eyebrows are.

I close my eyes as I remember the way she smelled, a mixture of vanilla and cocoa butter.

In efforts to take my mind off of herI pour myself a small glass of bourbon and down it. My only reason for marrying Rayna is to get my mafia. It's not to catch unwanted feelings for someone I just met a week ago.

I grab my jacket and head to the church.

The decor for the isle is beautifully decorated with white flowers. I walk up to my mother who is giving instructions to guards and the wedding planners.

As she sees me she sends them away. "You you look handsome mi hijo." She kisses my cheek.

"I expected the place to be covered in gems and crystals."

"I asked Rayna what she wanted and she told me, after all it's her wedding not mine. She even chose her dress for today and the accessories."

"Wow, I'm surprised! Esmeralda Missu didn't take over." I say with sarcasm

"Today may be your wedding day, but make no mistake I will beat your ass, even if that means doing it in God's house."  She whispers

I laugh, "you look beautiful ma." I compliment as I give her a kiss on her cheek.

Her gown is a black beaded gown, that I'm pretty sure cost her twenty grand.

"Of course I look nice

"Of course I look nice." She looks around. "People are starting to come so make sure to greet your guests."

I roll my eyes, "okay ma."

"All of them! Not just Christian and Kennedy."

I nod my head, "yes ma'am"

I do as she says and I greet everyone.  Even the people I don't like.