1. Breakfast table

Year 2020

"Where are the others?" Ohm asked taking a seat on the dining table.

"Phor and Lung already went to work, Mae and Pa went to an engagement function, Khun Pu and Khun Yaa are in their room, Hia" Bim said without taking her eyes off her tablet.

Ohm nodded while chewing his sandwich. " What are you reading? " He asked watching the excited expression on his little sister's face.

"Nothing Hia, just a news report on the star shower tonight." Bim was completely immersed in reading the news article, giggling every now and then.

Ohm eyed his little sister suspiciously. "Then what are you giggling for? "

"She's thinking about that stupid time travel novel she was reading. She thinks that like the novel a time-travelling portal will open when the star shower happens" Perth tutted while he continued to play games on his game console.

"It is not stupid. There are many things that happen around the world that we don't know. I just think that there is a probability that something like that might happen and we might not even know of it as simple human beings." Bim fumed at her elder cousin.

"Blah Blah Blah." Perth interrupted Bim making her angrier. She hated being ridiculed like that.

"Don't start a fight, two of you," Ohm commanded sternly.  Being the supportive big brother he was, Ohm was interested in knowing about his little sister's new craze "Bim, what's with the time travel thing? " 

"His, look at him he is making fun of me," Bim whined pointing her finger at Perth, who was making faces at his younger cousin as she was about to answer to Ohm.

"He just doesn't want you to waste time reading novels," Ohm said trying to justify Perth, even though he was not really appreciative of his attitude.

"Hia, I was recently reading a few books related to time travelling." Bim stuck her tongue out at Perth and continued. "It's a story about two people who happened to be next to each other when the meteor shower occurs. The duo loses their consciousness as the shower happens and wakes up years into the future. The plot revolves around the protagonists who help each other find their way back home." She excitedly narrated the synopsis of the novel she was reading.

"Sound's interesting, na." Ohm patted Bim's hair. He actually didn't understand what she said, but he didn't want to discourage her.

Perth chose to ignore Bim and Ohm, continuing to concentrate on his game.

"Perth, why have you been so moody these days?" Ohm asked his sulking cousin.

"I am not moody, Hia." Perth was not in a mood to talk to Ohm.

"He is heartbroken, Hia. His faen dumped him and ran off." Bim snickered, gaining a glare from Perth.

"Wait. Wait. Wait. What is going on? Was I too busy that I missed a lot of things?" Ohm asked feeling a little left out.

"Kha Hia, you missed out a lot because of your rugby practice. He broke up with P' Saint completely and P' Saint and his family moved abroad last week." Bim updated her elder brother about the latest gossip.

"Really?" Ohm was surprised to hear the news. He had always thought that his cousin and his boyfriend would never break up. They have been a sweet couple for so long. Not only did they break up, one of them even left the country with his whole family.

Ohm looked at his cousin who had gone into silent mode. He patted the latter's shoulders consoling him.

"I'm fine Hia. I had anticipated this to happen one day. Not everyone is lucky enough to be with their first love throughout their life. " Perth said with a bitter smile.

"Ho... can you not get all sentimental early in the morning? You are going to ruin my day." Bim commented.

"You will only understand what I am going through when you fall in love yourself. When you come back home crying your eyes out when that guy dumps you, I will sit here laughing at you." Perth smirked.

"Who told you that I will be the one being dumped? If anything, I will be the one dumping him." Bim hmphed.

"Bim, I think you are missing the point here." Ohm chuckled at his cousin's bickering.

Bim glared at her elder brothers.

"Why didn't anyone wake me up? I am going to be late for school." Fourth ran over wearing his high school uniform. His partially buttoned shirt and dishevelled hair clearly showed that he just woke up and got dressed in a hurry.

With his school bag slang on one shoulder, Fourth picked up the glass of milk and emptied it in one go, grabbing three sandwiches in a rush.

"Don't choke one yourself. I will drop you to school." Ohm offered to his youngest cousin.

"Really? Thank you, Hia." Fourth smiled at Ohm with a mouth full of food.

Ohm chuckled and shook his head seeing his little cousin's cute action. He grabbed the car keys and said "Then we will get going. Both of you don't start a fight when I am gone." Ohm patted Perth and Bim on their shoulders.

"Krab (Kha) Hia," they replied in unison.

"Bye Hia, bye Fourth. Have a good day at school." Bim waved goodbye.

"I will. Bye, Jie." Fourth yelled back from the door.

Ohm got in the driver's seat while Fourth got in the passenger seat.

"Hia, won't you be late to your classes if you drop me to school?" Fourth asked putting on the seat belt.

Ohm was a final-year student doing a business management major. His university was in the opposite direction as Fourth's school.

"No problem. I don't have classes this morning." Ohm ignited the car.

As the car moved Ohm asked. "How's your school going?"

"Great, Hia." Fourth smiled cutely showing off his pearly white teeth.

"Heard that you managed to pass all subjects this time."

"Krab Hia. Dad was so happy when he got my report card. He even promised me that if I managed to maintain my performance, he would get me my dream bike on my birthday." Fourth said proudly.

"Oh, I totally forgot that your birthday is coming." Ohm was having a hard time getting to terms with the fact that his youngest cousin was already becoming an adult in a matter of few months.

"You only remember P' View's birthday. As for the rest of us, we are insignificant." Fourth pouted.

"There's nothing like that." Ohm chuckled shaking his head.

View was his long-term crush. He had been pursuing her for a while now but there seemed to be no result as the latter wasn't paying any attention to him.

Ohm dropped off his cousin at school and was on his way to school when he got a call from his best friend, Drake. He picked up the call without hesitation.

"What?" Ohm gritted his teeth hearing his friend speak on the other side of the line. "You gather our boys; I will be right there. We need to teach that loser and his friends a lesson today." His feet slammed down on the accelerator.