5. Proposal

Am I the only person whose heart broke when it was announced that OhmNanon will no longer be an official ship under GMMTV? 😭😭😭

I really can't move on from them. I mean those two were my comfort couple.  What am I going to do now????

✨✨✨

"Au Hin, I don't want to go to the party today," Tay whined to his secretary.

"Te, I am not asking you if you want to go, I am telling you, you have to go. " New straightened Tay's tie.

Seeing the latter sulk, New sometimes wondered if he was being Tay's secretary or a nanny.

"It's going to be boring, Hin. None of our friends are going. " Tay looked at New pitifully. He didn't want to attend the party with a bunch of old people who would gather around him wanting to introduce their daughters and nieces to him.

New rolled his eyes. A typical action he does when he is not going to listen to any of Tay's blabbering.

“Hin” Tay whined again, hoping to melt the rock-solid heart of his secretary. 

“Do that again and I am sure that I am going to barf.” New gagged, turning to leave.

Tay made a face at him and followed behind him.

Baam

A sudden sound made New turn around. He sighed at the sight in front of him. His boss had once again tripped over the couch and was apologizing to it repeatedly. “This silly goose.” He muttered to himself shaking his head.

“Te, I am sure that the couch understood your sincerity and have already forgiven you,” New said sarcastically.

Tay dusted off his clothes and stood straight, parading over to the door New held open for him.

“The Jeenaprasoms had been our partners for generations and Khun Pong [1] wants to maintain a good relationship with them,” New said as the driver stopped the car in front of them.

Tay groaned as they got inside the car. He wasn’t keen on attending such parties. He knew that the main reason why his parents wanted him to attend the party was not for the sake of partnership with the Jeenaprasoms, but because they wanted him to find a life partner for himself.

Having remained single for almost seven years, Tay was aware of his parent’s thoughts on arranging a marriage for him and he seriously didn’t care to whom.

“Khun Tawan, are you listening?” New’s voice snapped Tay out of daze.

“Khub, Khun Thitipoom.” Tay could feel the intensity of the glares that New was sending his way even without looking. He knew that New hated it when he spaced out when he was talking.

“Gemini called during the meeting.” New repeated. “He said he is going to join the football team of the school.”

“Football team?” Tay was surprised. “I thought he was going to join the badminton team.”

“He was. But Fourth is in the football team, so he switched to football.” New said shrugging.

“Oh, this kid” Tay massaged his temples. He could already feel a headache coming his way because of his younger cousin’s actions. “I just hope that those two don’t end up like Nanon and Ohm.”

New refrained himself from commenting on the situation. He didn’t know what actually had happened between Ohm and Nanon. All he knew was that the kids who were best friends turned into enemies after a physical fight.

As far as he knew, Nanon had a sassy yet level-headed personality. The younger wasn’t someone who would involve himself in a fight until and unless it was necessary. Even though he personally never interacted with Ohm, he was almost sure that Ohm must have pressed the wrong buttons to be able to make Nanon lose his cool and get into a fight.

“By the way, New, I have been meaning to ask this for a while” he turned to face his secretary.

New raised his eyebrows as if he was asking Tay to continue with the question.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Tay was almost ninety per cent sure that New didn’t as the latter was spending almost all of his time with him. But he needed confirmation.

“No.” New suddenly felt that his throat was dry. He grabbed the mineral water bottle next to him and took a sip.

“Then, how about dating me?” Tay suggested hoping New would agree. He was fed up with ‘meeting’ people under his parent’s instruction and he didn’t believe that he would be lucky enough to have enough patience to have an actual relationship.

New choked on the water. He coughed loudly. Tay patted his back making him stop coughing. “What?” He asked in a voice that had turned hoarse from coughing.

“I am asking, if you don’t have a boyfriend on your own, why don’t you date me? My parents love and trust you more than me. I don’t think they would have a problem.” Tay proposed his idea.

He had come out as bisexual during his university days and his parents were accepting of the fact. That was why he felt that there wouldn’t be a problem if he dated New.

As for New, Tay was sure that he was into men as he had seen the former ogling over hot men before. He just hoped that New would agree.

“Have you gone nuts, Tawan?” New’s eyes widened. He was so sure that he had never shown his emotions to the clumsy man. He wouldn’t. he couldn’t. the job was important for him. His whole family is dependent on his income alone. He couldn’t mess everything up for a momentary infatuation. He couldn’t risk it. It wasn’t worth it.

“No. I am dead serious.” Tay said sincerely. “We are almost together for almost twenty-four hours seven days a week; then why don’t we try dating?”

“I am sorry. I am not interested in you.” New declined the offer without missing a beat.

“Au, why?” Tay pouted. “You could have at least acted like you were considering my offer.”

New scoffed and looked out of the window. ‘Just as I thought, he was kidding’.

“I really think we should be dating.” Tay scooted closer to New. “Look, I am hot, handsome and rich. I am also sweet and caring. I am a total package. Don’t you see?”

New gave him a side-eye. “Narcissist”

“I am not being a narcissist. I am only stating the facts. Am I not hot? Am I not handsome? Am I not rich?” Tay threw one question after another.

New was silent. He would be lying if he denied that.

“Then? You think that I am not sweet and caring enough?” Tay was astounded. “Are you seriously telling me that I am not?” his expression was rather comical. “Don’t I get you pastries and other desserts when you are sad or stressed? Didn’t I take care of you when you fell sick when we were on a business trip to Japan? Didn’t I -”

New covered Tay’s mouth before he could speak any further. “Alright, alright. You are the sweetest and most caring man alive.” He let go of Tay and looked away. “I will give your offer a thought.”

Tay smiled, internally heaving a sigh of relief while New was busy trying to hide his blush.

[1]Khun Pong- Tay's father