19. Headache

"I'm sorry, Phi! I am really sorry!" Perth was panting heavily as he apologized to his fiancee. He had run all the way there from the parking lot.

Chimon sat on the couch with his hands across his chest. He had no expression on his face.

"P' Mon, I am really sorry. I did try my best to be here on time. But a client showed up at the last moment and I had to attend to them." Perth knew that his fiancee was beyond pissed. He was two whole hours late for their appointment with the wedding planner.

Chimon quietly turned towards the wedding planner who had been waiting along with him. "Thank you for your help. You may leave."

The wedding planner who had been feeling awkward due to tension in between the couple left the place in a hurry.

Chimon too got up to leave without another word.

"P' Mon! Where are you going?" Perth panicked when he saw the Chimon was leaving.  He ran behind his fiancee but the latter treated him as thin air.

He finally managed to overtake Chimon and block his way.

Chimon moved side to side but Perth kept blocking his way again and again. "Move!" He said coldly.

"P' Mon" Perth whined. "Please, don't be angry na"

Chimon paused and looked at Perth for a second "Perth, how about we cancel the whole wedding?"

Perth was stunned. He couldn't believe what Chimon just said "What did you say?"

"I said why don't we cancel the whole wedding thing!" Chimon repeated impatiently. He was fed up running around to make the arrangements. 

Even though they had hired a wedding planner, there were a thousand things to finalise starting from the pattern of the invitation cards to the decor. Every single thing had a hundred options to choose from and Perth had been of almost zero help. If not for Nanon lending him a hand, he would have long gone mad.

"No! Obviously No! Don't you want to get married?"  Perth asked in exasperation.

"Look Perth, I already told you that I want a simple wedding. But it is your family that insisted that the wedding should be a full-blown one. It is you who convinced me into this shit and I am the only one breaking my bones here!"

"P' Mon I~"

"Don't think that I don't know what your family is trying to do by making such a big deal out of this wedding. I know they want to use this wedding to show off to the Kirdpans."

It wasn't a secret that the Chittsawangdees and the Kirdpans were enemies. This enmity only got worse when the sons of both families ran off and got married to each other despite the families' opposition. Both of the families spared no effort in humiliating each other on every single occasion they got.

Chimon was a hundred per cent sure that his in-laws aka the Chittsawangdees wanted to use the occasion to throw mud at the Kirdpans who were no less than his own family.

"You know that at our wedding, the Kirdpans will be coming from my side right?" Chimon asked.

Perth nodded slowly. He could already picture the war that might happen when the two families come together. 

"Not just the Kirdpans, Ohm and Non will also be there. Have you figured out a way around the matter?" Chimon was really worried about his friends.

After Ohm and Nanon got married, this was the first time they would be in the same space as the two families. Chimon was really tense about their encounter.

"Perth, I swear if your family cause some drama at the wedding, either you would have to stand by my side and cut ties with them or I will get a marriage annulment. I swear to God!"  He said as he stomped away.

Perth scratched the back of his head in frustration as he let out a growl. He ran behind his fiancee.

It was not that he didn't know that he was putting the gunpowder near the fire by inviting both families but he had no option in this.

After Ohm left the family, it hadn't been easy to deal with the elders of his family, especially his grandparents. They were all looking forward to having a grand wedding for their grandson. He couldn't say no to that.

On the other hand, his in-laws, the Ruangwiwats were really close to the Kirdpans and Chimon was almost like the son of the Kirdpan family. There was no way Kirdpans wouldn't attend the wedding.

Not to mention the tension between his cousin, Ohm and his husband with both the families.

Perth was practically stuck between rock and the hard place in the scenario. None of the above could be left uninvited to the wedding nor could they be allowed in a space together.

"God, is my married life coming to an end even before I started it?" He said pitifully to himself.

He managed to catch up with Chimon. It wouldn't be wrong to say that the latter had slowed down so that he could catch up.

Chimon was still sulking. No matter how bad his mood was he knew that Perth was in a difficult situation as him and he didn't want to make it even more difficult for him.

Perth internally heaved a sigh of relief as he realised that Chimon was only throwing a tantrum. He hugged the latter from behind. "I promise phi, I will try my best to convince my family not to make a scene there."

"Hmph!" Chimon said daintily as he removed Perth's hands from his waist and got on the passenger seat of the car.

Perth got in the driver's seat with a huge smile. "Don't worry too much na, Phi. We will deal with it when the time comes."

"How can I not be worried, Perth? How can I?" Chimon groaned. "The more I think the more worried I get."

"Then stop thinking. There's no use thinking about what might happen and what might not!"

Chimon stared at Perth as if he was a clown. "Seriously, Perth? You don't want me to think? Do you even realise how shitty this goddamn situation is?"

Perth didn't even dare to breathe. He knew that Chimon wanted to let out some steam.

"Both Ohm and Nanon have no memories of whatever happened in between them in the past decade including the part where they dated and got married. They are practically enemies like they used to be back when they were still in university. They can barely tolerate each other. In such a situation, do you think that it is optimal to bring them in front of the two families?" Chimon asked.

"I understand that, phi. But I~"

"No you don't understand, Perth. You have no idea how complicated the situation. You are an insider. You might not be able to see the things going on properly but as an outsider, I can. I can see how much of a deep shit we are in, Okay!?"

"Phi I~"

Perth was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. It was his secretary calling. He had already instructed the latter not to call him unless it is an emergency. Seeing the call he knew he had to pick up.

As soon as he pressed the answer button, te secretary's voice came from the other side. "Khun Perth, big trouble. Khun Fourth and Khun Gemini are in the headlines!"