20. Video

Nanon slumped onto the bed, next to his luggage. He was exhausted. Everything that had been happening around him was making him feel so confused that he felt drained.

He had already packed his bag for the trip to Songkhla for Perth and Chimon's wedding. He was leaving a day earlier than the rest of the wedding party.

Mirage, the resort where the wedding is to be held in Songkhla was one of the projects that he had designed in the initial projects of his architectural firm, Nexus.

The resort owner had contacted Nexus as the former wanted to expand the resort further and specifically requested Nanon to be the chief architect of the project.

Nanon was planning on checking out the resort and doing an estimate study before the wedding so that he could start work as soon as he got back from the wedding.

His phone dinged.

Nanon picked up the phone and lay on his back as he scrolled through the messaging app, reading the text message he just received. He typed in a reply and hit the sent button.

Once he exited the messaging app, his eyes fell on the wallpaper of his phone. It was the photo of all four of them- him, Ohm, Navin and Orn.

Those smiling faces on the screen only made him frown. He was yet to figure out how he ended up being married to someone like Ohm, who practically had all the qualities that he hated in humans.

According to his viewpoint, Ohm was loud, rowdy and dirty. He felt that he must have been out of his mind when he got married to Ohm.

The previous day, he had searched the whole storeroom in their house, hoping to find something that would help him figure out how things ended up the way they were. He ended up finding a few old videos, photos and many other things like gifts that 'he' seemed to have cherished.

He went through each of them and found each one cringier than the other. Some of them had their love confessions while others were of their sweet 'couple' moments.

He recalled a video of himself among all those videos he watched, in which he was standing in front of a huge crowd and telling Ohm how blessed he was to be his boyfriend and how much love they had for each other.  

Nanon almost smashed the laptop screen while watching the video. He even doubted that the person on screen was his doppelganger and not him because he was one hundred per cent sure that he would never feel blessed to be dating Ohm.

Dating Ohm would be more like a curse. The kind of curse that would make you want to unalive yourself every day. 

Nanon shut his eyes tightly and the last video he watched came to his mind. It was the video of them celebrating their anniversary and the Ohm had prepared a candlelight dinner for them. Nanon was literally shocked seeing how excited and happy he looked in the video because of the small gesture. He started wondering if Ohm had used some voodoo or something on him but soon dismissed the thought because he knew that his once-best friend was way too dumb for that.

The video ended with a scene of them sharing a smouldering hot kiss before the camera fell and the visual was interrupted.

At the memory of the kissing scene, Nanon subconsciously licked his lips. His whole face was red.

"Thinking of something dirty, Khun Nanon?" Ohm walked out of the washroom wearing a towel. He was amused seeing Nanon looking all flushed up.

Nanon jumped at the sudden sound. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realise that Ohm had entered the room or that the latter had already finished his bath.

"Nosy" He glared at Ohm as he got up from the bed.

He hated how Ohm liked to exhibit himself. He wouldn't have minded if it was someone else, but Ohm... he found it really disturbing. Maybe it was because Ohm caught him a few times when he was trying to check him out.

Ohm chuckled seeing Nanon's reaction. He had started finding irritating Nanon to be a good way of entertaining himself and it was a very easy thing to do. Nanon would even get irritated if he breathed too loudly.

"It's okay if you are having dirty thoughts about me na. After all..." Ohm slid his hands down his slim muscular torso "...we are husbands." He grinned.

Nanon rolled his eyes and went back to checking if he had packed everything. He was kind of relieved that he was going to Songkhla alone. He really wanted to have some alone time to himself, away from Ohm and the kids to figure out what he should do next.

Ohm was disheartened by the lack of actual response from Nanon. He put on his clothes while Nanon continued to ignore him.

"Have you thought of a way to deal with our parents at the wedding?" Perth had already warned him about the guest list which include his own family members along with his in-laws. Hecould already smell trouble brewing from a mile away.

"You deal with yours while I deal with mine." Nanon answered without even bothering to lift his head.

Ohm knew that it was not going to be simple. As they are legally married, both of them will have to deal with each other's family. "My parents are actually easy to get along."

He wasn't lying. His parents were easy going people who got along well with all of his friends. He hoped that they would like Nanon and accept their marriage and vice versa.

"Yeah, I know" Nanon scoffed.

He had a few interactions with the Chittsawangdee couple and each interaction was worse than the other. He could call them complete assholes from just his past experiences with them. 

He would rather believe a chameleon's colour than that the Chittsawangdee couple were good people and was easy to get along.

"My parents are way better than yours" Ohm said defensively.

Nanon closed his luggage and turned towards Ohm with a smirk "Well, it wasn't my Mom who acted like a shrew in front of others"

"You!!!" Ohm gritted his teeth in anger.

This incident had happened back after he and Nanon broke out into a fight. That day Nanon's parents came to the school, accusing him of having attempted to murder Nanon by pushing him off the stairs.

His mom had gone all out defending him, which only made the situation worse. The two sets of parents had a huge argument in the principal's office. If not for the fact that the principal had somehow managed to salvage the situation, Ohm would have ended up in jail or at least have had a criminal record under his name.

Nanon ignored Ohm and walked out of the room with his luggage. He had a flight to catch in a few hours.