14. Punch

Ohm stretched himself as he closed his laptop. His work was hectic. He was as tired as a dog.

Being the CEO was no easy job.

If anyone had told him in the past that he was going to start his own business in the past, he would have laughed at them on their faces.

He was always told that he would join the family business once he was done with his studies. Yet, he was, owning a company worth millions.

He felt rather proud of himself for having stepped out of his parent's protective barriers and explored his talents.

Slinging his bag on his shoulder he headed out of his office.

"I thought you already went home," Ui, the guy from the company next door spoke as they were waiting for the elevator.

Even though Ohm did buy the whole building, his company didn't need that much area. Hence he rented out a few floors to startups as an alternate form of income.

"No, had some pending work" Ohm replied with a smile.

The word 'home' brought a warm feeling in his chest. He liked it. He liked it more that, the word also meant that he could stay with Nanon.

Not that he was accepting the fact that he was married to Nanon, but that he didn't completely dislike the idea. He felt that if he had to marry a man someday, the best option would be none other than Nanon himself.

Perth wasn't lying when he said that Ohm didn't hate Nanon as much as he claimed to. He didn't hate Nanon at all. 

'Hate' was always the wrong word, the right one being 'mad'. He was mad at Nanon and everyone else around him. But more at Nanon as the latter used to be the person he always believed to know him better than anyone else.

All he wanted for Nanon was an apology. He wanted Nanon to own up to his mistakes and apologise, and then he would leave everything in the past and have a new start in their friendship.

He wasn't being big-hearted or egoistic. He was willing to apologise as well. But Nanon had to apologise to him first.

The elevator door dinged open. Ohm and Ui stepped in and pressed the respective floors.

Ohm leaned against the elevator wall and his mind flew back to the past.

Ohm had been friends with Nanon since they were in kinder garden. He was really possessive of the little friend of his. His friend's dimpled smile had always been his weakness.

He wasn't particularly happy when Nanon brought Chimon into their friendship. But when he saw how happy Nanon was with Chimon being with them, he let the matter rest.

Like every group of three, Chimon and Nanon started becoming closer and Ohm started feeling left out. He rarely got chances to play alone with Nanon.

This was exactly why he always brought Perth along with him to play. Perth was very useful in taking Chimon's attention away and he got Nanon for himself.

Everything was going well until they were in middle school. Their friendship was strong and even his bond with Chimon had developed well.

That was when a compulsory parent-child event was held in their school.

Ohm was eccentric about it as it would be the first time his parents would be meeting Nanon's. Nanon had once told him that Chimon's parents were close to his parents which made him and Chimon become close friends.

Ohm too wanted something similar. He hoped that his parents would become friends with Nanon's parents just like Chimon's parents.

But there was an unexpected turn of events when the two pairs of parents met. Nanon's family turned out to be his family's mortal enemies. Ohm was dragged back home from the event by his parents.

Nobody knew how much that discovery had hurt Ohm. Ever since that day, his grandfather who never said no to him, restricted him from being friends with Nanon. The restrictions developed to the extent that his grandfather even had someone watch over him so that he would never interact with Nanon.

In order to pacify his grandfather, he decided to keep a distance from Nanon for the time being. At least till his grandfather lowers his guard and withdraws the people appointed to watch him.

Those days when he saw Nanon's effort to retain their friendship, he was over the moon. Even though he couldn't reciprocate those efforts under the watchful eyes of his grandfather's men, he was deeply touched by it.

As days flew by he started getting the feeling that he wasn't getting to see Nanon more often. He got the feeling that Nanon was no longer applying himself as he used to.

He got the news that Nanon had publically confessed to a girl named Film.

The news hurt him more than it should. He was so hurt by the fact that Nanon never mentioned to him about his crush on that girl.

There were times when Ohm asked Nanon if there was any girl he was interested in and the latter would always say that he didn't.

Yet, Nanon had gone ahead and confessed his feelings for the girl, that too in front of so many students.

Having to find out about his best friend's crush from others made him feel really sad. He was upset that Nanon didn't even think about telling him about it.

He got curious about the girl who managed to win his best friend's heart as the dimpled guy had rarely shown any interest in girls as far as he could remember. 

When he first saw Film, she was talking behind Nanon's back, bad-mouthing him and even calling him a fool.

Ohm was completely enraged by that. He couldn't believe that his friend had fallen for such a girl. He went ahead and confronted her without delay.

Film admitted to him that she felt that Nanon was a fool to have confessed to her in front of everyone. She said that she disliked him because he was pestering Ohm like a lovestruck puppy and now had changed targets towards her as Ohm didn't give him any attention.

Ohm frowned upon hearing that. He did hear rumours circulating in the school saying that there was something going on between him and Nanon, but he seriously didn't care. In fact, he liked it when people took his name along with Nanon's.

He wasn't expecting that those rumours would affect his friend's first love to this extent.

He tried explaining to Film but she told him that she had been in love with him for so long. The revelation caught him off guard. 

Even before he could do or say something, Film had kissed him on the lips. He froze up when he saw that Nanon had witnessed the scene. 

The next thing that happened was way beyond his expectations, Nanon pulled him apart from Film and punched him.

His best friend punched him, that too for a girl.

He got so hurt by the action that he pushed Nanon away in anger. He wasn't expecting Nanon to fall down the stairs.

Ohm wanted to rush forward towards Nanon but all he could see was hatred and disgust emitting from Nanon's eyes.

Those eyes hurt him more than the punch he received.