10. Confusion

Ohm and Nanon sat at the two ends of the huge sofa, staring at the huge frame mounted on the wall.

Their jaws were wide open as their eyes glued to the picture that had their smiling faces making it look a lot like a family photo. 

The whole place had many pictures of them on the walls which made them look like a couple. The matching wedding band engraved with each other's birth dates also showed that they were a couple.

As they considered the probability of them actually being a couple, they turned their heads towards each other. They cringed in disgust at the sight of each other's faces, moving farther away on the couch and treating each other as if they were some infectious virus.

Neither of them had a clue on what had happened or how they had ended up there. Their memory had stopped at the same point- them falling down the top of the tall building.

Among the two, Ohm was more puzzled. Not only because of the change in the surroundings but also because of the change in himself.

His red hair was gone and was replaced with longer auburn brown ones. He could even see a few wrinkles beneath his eyes, which made him look older. He was definitely dissatisfied with his new look.

When he looked at Nanon, he couldn't see much change. The latter seemed as cute as ever to him with his smooth skin and adorable dimples. There weren't even as many wrinkles on Nanon as many on him.

Nanon glanced over when he heard Ohm huff in anger and rolled his eyes.

"What do we do now? " Ohm asked after a while.

"There's no 'we' Ohm. There's only 'you' and 'I' here. " Nanon emphasized pointing at Ohm and then at himself.

"Nanon, we both are stuck here together. So if we have to go back, we will have to work together." Ohm knew Nanon well.

Nanon was the calm kind. The one who will have a clear head even in a tense situation. The one who can patiently analyse any problem in front of him and easily find a solution for it.

"Work together with you?" Nanon scoffed. "I would rather die here." He got from the sofa and headed to the kitchen, looking for something to eat.

He didn't want to be in the same room as Ohm. Ohm had hurt him so deeply in the past that he couldn't stand him at all. He believed that Ohm would backstab him again and break his trust if he tried to work with him.

Ohm could only watch Nanon leave helplessly. He knew that Nanon could be stubborn as a mule at times and it would be difficult to convince Nanon to help him.  

Given their history, he could understand where Nanon's unwillingness to be on the same side as him came from. He too didn't actually want to work with Nanon either but he had no choice.

Ding Dong.

The calling bell rang.

Ohm and Nanon looked at each other in surprise.

"I'll go get it." Ohm volunteered. 

Ohm opened the door and was pleasantly surprised by the person standing in front of them.

"Chim!" He enthusiastically went forward and hugged his childhood best friend and started raining his face with kisses.

"WHAT THE FUCK OHM?" Chimon cursed trying to push Ohm away from himself. "NON, COME GET YOUR HUSBAND AWAY FROM ME!!!" He wiggled under Ohm's strong grip.

Ohm suddenly froze upon hearing Chimon addressing him as Nanon's husband. Nanon was the same as well. He was shocked to hear Chimon's words.

Chimon saw the opportunity and shrugged out of Ohm's hug. He entered the house with familiarity. He noticed Nanon staring at him with wide eyes. "What happened, Non?"

"Did you just call him my husband?" Nanon was freaking out as he pointed at Ohm.

"Huh?" Chimon was confused by Nanon's question.

"I asked did you just call Ohm my husband?" Nanon asked emphasizing each word.

Chimon looked alternatively between Nanon and Ohm and let out a chuckle. "What happened to you two? You are being weird." 

He walked to the living area, settling down on the couch. He looked up and saw both of his friends staring at him with an odd expression. "Don't tell me that you guys had too much sex last night that your brains started malfunctioning today morning." He teased.

He could clearly see from Nanon's duck walk that his friends had a very happening night. He stretched comfortably on the sofa.

"Is this some kind of prank, Chim?" Ohm asked seriously.

Chimon sat up properly and faced Ohm. "Shouldn't I be the one asking that? You two have been really weird since I stepped into the house."

"Chim, this isn't funny." Nanon sat across from his friend.

"What isn't funny, Non?" Chimon asked. "Oh... I get it now. This is about the kids, right? Don't worry Perth is taking care of them and trust me he is getting good at it. He managed to put Orn to sleep all by himself when she was throwing a tantrum that she wanted to see Ohm."

"What kids, Chim? And who the fuck is Orn?" Ohm was starting to lose it.

"Ohm" Nanon called out in warning. He could see that Ohm was in the mood to start a fight.

"Why on earth are you trying to stop me, Nanon? Isn't it this sick bastard who is trying to play games with us? " Ohm was fuming.

"Woah Woah! " Chimon got it up from the sofa, looking at the two people in front of him. " Why am I being called a 'sick bastard' so early in the morning? "

" I am really sorry, Chim. There seems to be a little bit of confusion here. " Nanon was trying to salvage the situation. They badly needed Chimon's help to figure out what was going on.

"What confusion, Non? " Chimon's temper was milder as he spoke to Nanon.

"We can't remember anything, dude."  Nanon didn't actually know how to explain the situation to Chimon. "We have no idea why or how we reached here. "

Chimon frowned hearing Nanon. From the expression on his friends' faces he could see that they weren't joking. "What do you not remember? "

Ohm and Nanon stared at him with a helpless expression.

"Alright. You want to know how you reached here and why you are here? " Chimon asked feeling ridiculous.

"Yes" Ohm and Nanon said in unison.

Chimon chuckled. "You guys are here because this is your home. You guys bought it five years ago before Orn was born.

Yesterday was your seventh wedding anniversary. So, you asked me and Perth to babysit your kids for a night, so that you guys could 'celebrate' your anniversary. "