13. Fight

"Navin, why are you not eating?" Nanon eyed his son who had been poking his food last half an hour.

Navin didn't say anything and silently scooped a spoonful of rice into his mouth. 

Nanon frowned watching the child. It had been three days since he woke up as Ohm's husband and in just these three days, the bond he had felt with the two kids was indescribable, especially to Navin, who was biologically Ohm's son but behaved more like him.

On the other hand, Orn, his own daughter loved Ohm over him. He was Paa's little princess and would always cling to her Paa as soon as he got home.

"Navin, is there something bothering you?" Nanon asked as he got an odd feeling coming of the two kids in front of him.

Orn was extraordinarily quiet for someone who is a blabbermouth at the dinner table.

"No, Dad," Navin mumbled in reply.

Nanon was now sure that something was bothering the kids.  "Navin, tell me na. Did anyone bully you in school? Did someone say something to you?"

He was concerned. Being the child of a homosexual couple, the kid ought to be bullied by his classmates because of the matter.

"No one said anything, Dad," Navin answered. "I just don't have an appetite."

He ate a few more spoonfuls before getting up. "Dad, I will be off." He took the plate to the waste bin, dumped the excess food into it and placed the plate on the sink. Nanon wouldn't allow the kids to wash the plates themselves.

Nanon's frown grew deeper when he watched the two children quietly retiring to their respective rooms.

Even though talking with Chimon and Perth had given them a basic idea about the situation they were in, neither he nor Ohm knew how they got there or why they got there.

Having to accept the fate was not an easy task for either of them. Especially when they had to live and act as a couple in front of everyone when they couldn't even stand the sight of each other.

Chimon had brought out a few of their old albums including their wedding album hoping that it would help.

The sweet and mushy photos in the album only made Ohm and Nanon cringe. They swore that there was no way it was them who were in those photos.

Nanon almost had a heart attack when he was told that he had gone against his own parents just to be with Ohm. He was a family person who loved his parents very dearly. Even the thought of making them sad was killing much less cutting ties with them for someone he hates the most.

Ohm was in no better condition. He too had cut ties with his family for Nanon. Through the years he had only been in touch with Perth and Fourth from the family.

"Argh!" Nanon groaned slumping down on the couch. He stared at the white ceiling and spoke "My dear God what kind of joke are you playing with me?"

He absolutely loathed the idea of having to stay under the same roof as Ohm. If it had been someone else in Ohm's place he wouldn't have been this affected.

His hatred for Ohm started back in middle school.

After discovering that his family and Ohm's family had been enemies for generations, Nanon was scared that he might end up losing Ohm.

Ohm had always been one of his best friends. He was the closest to Nanon other than Chimon.

There was no way Nanon would let their family's hatred destroy their friendship. So when Ohm started keeping a distance from him under his parent's instruction, Nanon panicked.

He started putting on more and more effort to hold onto their weakening friendship. He wanted to prove to Ohm that nothing would change in between them even if their parents couldn't meet eye to eye.

His desperate efforts to salvage their friendship made some of the students spread a rumour that he had a crush on Ohm and the latter had rejected him. He wasn't much affected by the rumour but he couldn't say the same for Ohm.

He got a feeling that Ohm was feeling uncomfortable with the rumours floating around. He didn't want the situation at hand to worsen. So, he decided to find a girlfriend for himself and put a permanent stop to the rumours.

Among all the girls, he decided to confess to Film, a girl from the class next door. Even though he didn't actually have any crush or anything on her, he did find her cute and he felt that she would serve the purpose well.

When he confessed his feelings for her in front of her classmates, he had taken out his gifted acting skills to make it look like he was head over heels in love with her.

He was a bit disappointed when Film didn't say yes readily and asked for time. Given that he wasn't actually looking forward to being in a relationship he agreed with her and decided to give her as much time as she wanted.

The public confession did its magic and all the rumours about him being in love with Ohm disappeared without leaving any trace. He was relieved by the turn of events.

He was hoping to see things going back to normal until the day he saw Ohm kissing Film.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. The sight filled him with an overwhelming range of emotions.

The whole school knew that he had confessed to Film a few days ago and there was no way the news didn't reach Ohm's ears. Yet, there he was kissing the girl his best friend confessed to.

This made Nanon realise that Ohm didn't value their friendship the way he did. He started feeling that Ohm had never even considered him as a best friend all these years. The realisation pushed Nanon into emotional turmoil. 

As a teenager hitting puberty, all his emotions were channelled into one, anger. He forcefully separated the other two and punched Ohm right in his face. It was the first time Nanon was retorting to violence when he was angry and that too against Ohm.

Ohm had a better physique than Nanon and was in no way going to just stand there and get punched like that. He pushed Nanon away with full force.

The push made Nanon lose his balance and fall back from the top of the staircase all the way to the landing.

Even with the extruding pain of having his bone fractured, Nanon stared at Ohm who was staring back at him, showing no signs of going up to him and helping him.

Nanon confirmed that Ohm didn't consider him a friend anymore. His eyes still lingered on Ohm's face even when Chimon and some of their classmates rushed over to help him.

He would never forget the pain he felt at that moment. It wasn't just the physical pain, it was the pain of having his heart broken by someone he cared deeply about.

He decided that he would never forgive Ohm in his entire life for making him look like a joker when he tried to patch up their relationship.

Once he got home from the hospital with a fractured bone, he begged his parents to change him to another school because he didn't want to see Ohm's face again.