12. Talk

"You and you?" Ohm pointed at Chimon and then at Perth. "Together?" He was beyond shocked by the new information.

Having sent the kids to their respective classes, the group of four were assembled in the living room of Ohm and Nanon's villa.

Chimon had already explained his friends' condition to Perth who had reluctantly accepted that it wasn't a prank, given the air of hostility surrounding Ohm and Nanon while they were around each other.

"Yes, Hia." Perth interlinked his hands with Chimon's. "We are together. And, since you claim that you don't remember anything, I am delighted to tell you that we are tying the knot this coming Sunday."

Ohm was stumped by the news. He had always known that Perth was into men, given his past relationships but Chimon, he came as a complete surprise to Ohm.

He eyed his friend who was flirting with his cousin right in front of his eyes with disbelief. "Then... what about love?"

"We do love each other, Hia" Perth chuckled watching the comical display of expressions on his cousin's face.

"Not that love. I am talking about Love. Your girlfriend." Ohm pointed at Chimon. Love had been the girl both he and Chimon had pursued. But in the end, she had chosen Chimon over him. 

As a good friend, Ohm stepped back and dated one of Love's close friends for a while, who didn't manage to keep his interest, and dumped her nonetheless.

Chimon's face hardened at the mention of his ex-girlfriend. They didn't part in an amicable way. "We broke up."

"But why?" Ohm really wanted to know. As far as he knew, Love was a very sweet and pretty girl.

"Hia, can we talk about something else?" Perth was irritated when his fiancee's ex was the topic of discussion. He could feel Chimon being uncomfortable next to him.

"Chim, can I have a word with you?" Nanon stood up. He looked at the other two people in the room and then at Chimon. "Alone."

Chimon glanced at his fiancee before getting up. "Sure"

The two friends headed to the balcony leaving the two cousins behind.

Nanon closed the glass door once Chimon stepped out onto the balcony.

"What is it?" Chimon was sure that Nanon was going to talk to him about him and  Perth.

Nanon put his hands on the hip and stared at his friend.

Chimon for some reason, avoided meeting Nanon's gaze. It was as if he suddenly found the tree in the courtyard, the most interesting thing to stare at.

"Really Chim?" Nanon finally asked "Perth Tanapon of all people? Out of the seven billion people out there, you had to end up with Perth Tanapon?" His voice was kind of high-pitched and streaky.

Chimon chuckled seeing his best friend freak out like that. Ever since childhood he and Nanon have been like 'two bodies one soul'.  They literally knew everything about each other. "It's not that bad Non. Trust me."

"Trust you?"  Nanon was exasperated. "You chose Perth to get married to and you are asking me to trust you?"

Chimon smiled, completely believing every single word of the story Nanon and Ohm told him about forgetting a decade's worth of memories. Because, if it was the real Nanon, the one with the memories of the past years, he wouldn't be talking about Perth like that.

"Non, I understand your concern. But you have to believe me. Perth has changed a lot. He is no longer the Perth we both knew."

Nanon eyed his friend suspiciously. He didn't trust Perth at all. The Perth he knew was not someone worth trusting.

Perth used to hang out with them when they were still friends with Ohm. He would always target Chimon and pull pranks on him. In the end, Chimon would end up in tears and Perth would mutter an insincere apology, swearing that he wouldn't do something like that again, but would always continue pranking Chimon.

"It was you who match made us, Non." Chimon for the different expressions flashing through his friend's face in a single minute very amusing. "You were the one who asked me to give him a chance to prove his love for me."

"I wouldn't do that to you!" Nanon was bewildered.

"You were the one who told me that Perth only used to pull pranks on me to get my attention because he had a secret crush on me since we were kids."

Nanon covered his mouth in shock at Chimon's revelation. He had no idea that Perth had a crush on Chimon as a kid. He could finally connect the dots now.

He remembered how Perth would always look for Chimon first thing in the morning, whenever they hung out together. It was as if Perth never cared about anyone else other than Chimon the whole time. "How come I never noticed this?"

"You did, idiot. Or else I and Perth wouldn't have been getting married." Chimon patted his friend's shoulder.

Perth, who had been watching the two friends through the glass door, clenched his stomach that had started aching from laughing too much. He couldn't hear what they were talking about. But the array of emotions on Nanon's face seemed too funny to him.

"Hia Non is too cute, na Hia?" He asked mist the laughter.

Ohm didn't reply. He kept staring at Nanon's face which was decorated with a smile at the moment, displaying the dimples that once used to be his favourite.

He didn't know why his heart was irked when he noticed the concern Nanon had for Chimon in his eyes.

"Hia?" Perth squeezed Ohm's shoulders.

Ohm snapped out of the daze and looked at his younger cousin. "Congrats on your wedding." He said with a smirk. He was happy for Perth.

"Thanks, Hia" Perth smirked back.

Silence engulfed the space again as their eyes wandered back to the two people on the balcony.

"Hia?"Perth called out without taking his eyes off Chimon.

Ohm hummed in reply.

"Talk to him, na."

Ohm looked sideways at Perth, who seemed serious at the moment. "Who? Chimon?"

"No, Hia Non. Have a talk with him, Hia." Perth scooted closer to Ohm. "I know you don't hate him as much as you claim you do. So talk to him and clear things out."

Ohm looked down at the brown carpet, sulking. "There is nothing to talk about, Perth. We hate each other and it is not going to change."

He could never forgive Nanon for making him look like the culprit when it was actually all part of Nanon's plan. He would never forgive Nanon for making him the villain in front of everyone, for betraying him.

"Hia, there must be some misunderstanding between you two. As long as you-" Perth was cut off as Ohm raised his hand in a stop sign.

"When did you say you were getting married?" Ohm completely changed the topic, not wanting to dwell on the matter.

Perth let out an audible sigh seeing Ohm's attitude. "Avoiding talking about it is not going to change anything, Hia. You and Hia Non are now married and have two kids. So it would be better if you clear things as soon as possible."