17. Unrequited Love

Fourth finished his shots while eyeing Gemini who was the centre of attraction of the whole party. The latter was being approached by almost everyone who attended the party.

A bitter feeling engulfed Fourth as he watched Gemini. Not because his friend was successful but because the success had made them drift apart. So apart, that they couldn't even bother to greet each other even when they were in the same room.

When they formed their music band back in their high school, he was the closest to Gemini. But as their band signed the contract with the company and started getting famous, he and Gemini had to take up individual jobs and rarely had time to catch up with each other.

As time went by, the small crack that occurred due to their busy schedules grew wider and they became mere acquaintances. The band was still together for name sake, releasing one or two singles every now and then. But each member had taken on different roles and were busy making their own career.

"What's with the frown, dude?" Satang asked playfully poking Fourth.

"Nothing," Fourth answered dismissively and chucked down another shot. 

"Easy there, man!" Winny, Satang's boyfriend, also a fellow member of their band patted Fourth on his shoulders.

"I need some fresh air!" Fourth declared as he stood up. He felt suffocated by so many people in the room. He hated being around so many people when he was upset.

"What happened to him?" Satang asked Winny.

Winny had become closer to Fourth even though he had known him for a lesser amount of time than Satang. Even though they argued in between a few times, mainly due to Winny's explosive temper, the duo still maintained a good relationship.

Winny shrugged at his boyfriend as he had no idea what pissed Fourth off in the evening.

"Where is Fourth?" Gemini asked as he approached the couple.

"You have eyes for no one else other than him, don't you?" Satang teased Gemini, earning a pinch on his waist from his boyfriend and a glare from Gemini.

"There he goes." Winny pointed in the direction Fourth disappeared to.

"Thanks, buddy." Gemini thanked Winny and dashed off towards Fourth. 

He had noticed that Fourth had drunk a few shots more than he usually did.  As the latter wasn't very good at handling alcohol, Gemini grew worried.

As he reached the corridor, he spotted Fourth leaning on the tall handrail of the balcony staring at the moon. He heaved a sigh of relief. He strode over in quick steps.

Fourth turned when he noticed a presence beside him. "Oh, Gemini. Why are you here?" He asked with a frown as he saw the person who was the whole reason for his being upset was standing right in front of him.

He was already tipsy and was leaning on the handrail for support to stand.

"Why can't I be here?" Gemini tried to act normal as he felt his heartbeat speeding up, seeing Fourth looking cute and cuddly with a flushed face.

"You can," Fourth answered objectively before turning to leave.

Gemini caught Fourth's arm as he noticed that the latter wanted to leave. "Where are you going?"

"What does it have to do with you?" Fourth swung his hands to free himself from Gemini's grip. But the grip only tightened as a result. "Let me go, Gemini."

"You are drunk, Fourth" Gemini supported Fourth who was too drunk even to stand properly. 

"I am not drunk" Fourth was stubborn.  "Even if I am, it is none of your concern. I can take care of myself."

Gemini silently observed Fourth who was sulking because he couldn't free himself from the grip "Fot, are you mad at me for some reason?" He questioned.

"Why would I be mad at you?" Fourth finally managed to get rid of Gemini's hands on him. 

Gemini frowned, obviously sensing the hostility in Fourth's tone. He clearly knew that Fourth was mad at him but was completely clueless about what he had done. 

Ten years. It had been ten whole years that he had loved the person in front of him. Not once did he have the guts to tell him how he felt towards him. 

There was an occasion back in the final year of their university, not long after Ohm and Nanon got married that Gemini gathered his courage to confess his love to Fourth. But that day, Fourth introduced his girlfriend to their friends and family.

That day, Gemini's heart was shattered into pieces. It would be a total lie if he said that he didn't pop a bottle of champagne to celebrate Fourth's break-up with his girlfriend the following year.

He kept everything inside, locked deep down in his heart, his feelings, his love, everything. He never showed any sign of it outside, even though he started to keep a distance from Fourth since then.

"Then why are you being like this?" Gemini was hurt by Fourth's behaviour. 

"Being like what, superstar?" Fourth asked mockingly.

Gemini sighed. He understood that Fourth wasn't in a condition to talk "Fot, let me take you home!"

"What am I? A puppy? That you should take me home?" Fourth tried to push Gemini away. "I am a grown-ass man and I know how to go back home myself!"

Fourth stumbled forward, almost falling on his face but was caught by Gemini on time.

"Fot, you are really drunk." Gemini pulled Fourth back on his feet. "I am sending you home."

"I just said that I can go back by myself!" Fourth protested.

"Fot, I am not asking you if I could send you back. I am telling you that I am sending you back! So, stop throwing a tantrum now." Gemini scooped Fourth up in bridal style.

Winny who came looking for Fourth saw this scene and smiled/

"Tell P' Dee[1] that I am sending Fourth back home," Gemini instructed his friend before carrying the wiggling Fourth to his car.

"Let me go! Put me down!!!" Fourth protested in Gemini's arms.

But Gemini paid no heed to it. He unlocked his car as they reached the parking lot and placed Fourth on the passenger seat.

Fourth was sulking at this point and refused to talk to Gemini. He pouted furiously as he couldn't overpower Gemini who had a bigger physique than him. 

Gemini on the other hand was relieved that Fourth had stopped pushing him away. He chuckled finding Fourth pouty face even more cuter. He found himself falling deeper in love with Fourth even though he knew somewhere in his heart that this love might never be reciprocated.

He didn't want to think much of the matter as he had already made up his mind to keep his love hidden from the world. He was willing to take on the pain of being an unrequited lover, who should be happy that the person he loves is happy.

Consoling his aching heart, Gemini quickly got in the driver's seat and drove away.

Little did the two idols know that this interaction of theirs was captured on camera by the paparazzi who were hiding behind the bushes of the parking lot and the next day they would be waking up to the explosive scandal 

[1] P' Dee- The band's manager.