11. Confusion 2

Chimon looked at his two friends who were looking at him with utmost concentration. "So you guys are telling me that the last thing you remember is that you two fighting each other over View at the rooftop?"

Ohm and Nanon nodded their heads in unison.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Chimon scoffed leaning back on the sofa. "That was almost a decade ago, guys! When we were still in university!"

"How can it be a decade ago, Chim? Stop messing with us." Ohm spoke.

"You guys stop messing with me!" Chimon spread his arms on the backrest of the sofa. "This is 2030 for god's sake! You guys are not some brats in their early twenties. You guys are thirty-one-year-old grown-ass men who already have two kids on your own. So, you two stop messing with me."

"Wha-?" Nanon looked at his friend in total disbelief. "Two kids on our own?"

"Khrub." Chimon pointed at the family picture on the wall. "Navin and Orn. You own biological kids."

"Biological kids?" Ohm looked at the picture. The boy in the picture resembled him a lot while the girl looked more like Nanon. She even had his cute dimples. "Then who gave birth to them?" He looked at Nanon.

He remembered how Bimbeam used to read novels called omegaverse in which men could also give birth to children. He considered maybe Nanon was also an omega and could give birth.

Nanon noticed Ohm's gaze on him. "Ai sat! What are you looking at?" He picked up a cushion and threw it straight on Ohm's face. "I am a guy and I can't give birth."

Ohm silently picked up the cushion with a kicked-puppy look on his face.

Chimon massaged his temples seeing his two friends bickering like they did in the past. "View gave birth to them for you."

"What?" Ohm and Nanon looked at Chimon with wide eyes. Neither of them were expecting that.

"View gave birth to both Navin and Orn. She volunteered to be your surrogate." Chimon was starting to believe that Ohm and Nanon had no idea about the past few years.

"View? Where is she? Take me to her. I want to talk to her." Ohm was frantic.

Nanon somehow felt his heart ache at Ohm's actions. Seeing how much Ohm cared about View, he felt guilty about using her to get back at Ohm.

"I am sorry, Ohm. I can't take you to her." Chimon replied.

"Why, Chim? I really have to talk to her. There must be some misunderstanding here." Ohm wanted to clarify everything to View. She was the one he wanted to be with, not Nanon.

"She is no more, Ohm. She is no more." Chimon said softly.

"W- What do you mean by 'she is no more'?" Ohm grabbed Chimon's shoulders. "What the heck do you mean by 'she is no more'?"

"She passed away a few months after giving birth to Orn," Chimon answered. He too was sad about View passing away. Because of Ohm and Nanon, he had also become friends with her over the past few years.

Her death was a huge blow to all of them. Especially to Nanon and Navin. Ohm was the only one who stayed strong taking care of his husband and son along with the newborn baby girl.

Ohm slumped to the floor hearing the news of View's demise. His body seemed to have lost all strength as his vision became blurry with the tears pooling his eyes.

Nanon held Ohm up, gently patting his back while Chimon continued "She got into an accident when she was nine months pregnant. We managed to save the baby but she fell into a coma. She survived for almost four months under life support but her condition suddenly worsened and she passed away."

Nanon was trembling as he supported Ohm to sit up. Even though he had never loved her the way she loved him, she was still a very dear friend to him. They had a lot of memories they shared together from their childhood.

Ding Dong.

"That must be Perth and the kids. I will go get it." Chimon sighed and got up from the sofa. He opened the door.

"Paa, I am back." Orn ran into the house as soon as her feet touched the ground.

She paused when she saw her parents crying on the floor. She went over to Ohm who was kneeling on the floor "What happened, Paa? Why are you crying? Did you miss Orn so much?"

Ohm stared at the three-year-old little girl in front of him wordlessly. She had the same eyes as her mother. He quickly hugged her and started crying.

"Paa, Orn is back na. Don't cry." The little girl was distressed about not being able to make her favourite person on the earth stop crying. "Orn promise you that Orn is never going to leave your side."

She tried to console her crying Paa. She thought that he was crying because he missed her a lot as she stayed over at her uncle's place.

"You will never leave my side?" Ohm pulled away from the hug and looked at the little girl who looked extremely worried about him. "Is that a promise?"

Orn nodded vigorously, offering her pinky finger to Ohm. Ohm hooked his pinky finger with hers

"It is a pinky promise," they both said in unison and started giggling.

Ohm felt a lot better now.

Nanon smiled at the cute scene.

"Not you too, Dad." The six-year-old boy groaned looking at Nanon. "Please don't tell me you are going to join their over-dramatic selves as well."

Ohm and Nanon looked at the boy who was rolling his eyes at the melodrama. He was a splitting image of Ohm when he was six. But the boy acted and spoke more like Nanon.

Navin didn't care if his family answered him. He went straight to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. Once he was done drinking it. He got on a stool to rinse the glass and place it back on the glass stand from where he took it. He then grabbed a tissue and wiped the water droplets that he had splashed on the kitchen slab as he was washing the glass.

The trio sat on the floor watching the kid silently. His actions were so neat and looked well practised.

Nanon was especially amazed at the kid's actions. If someone had splashed water all over the sink in his house and not wiped it off, causing it to leave a watermark when it dried, he would have freaked out.

'Cleanliness' was the basic discipline in his dictionary. He felt good seeing someone else other than himself doing something like this especially when that person had the face of the dirtiest person he knew on earth.

"If you guys are done, can you please get up? I am getting late for my piano classes." Navin said impatiently seeing the rest of the family still sitting on the floor and headed to hid room to pick his music sheets leaving the five people behind.