8. Accident.

New felt his heart turning heavy as he watched Tay flashing his dashing smile at the ladies who were trying to hit on him at the party. But there was nothing he could do than stay quiet and watch.

He couldn't even consider the offer Tay made earlier that night given his conditions. Not to mention that Tay had both men and women swooning over him that the chances of the relationship having any meaning were near to none.

He let out a silent sigh. He turned his concentration to the other guest acting as Tay's personal secretary. He entertained about half of the guests who were approaching Tay. 

The commotion at the other end of the terrace caught the attention of the crowd. 

Tay and New too headed over to the area where everyone was crowding over.

"Is that Non?" New was surprised to see the youngster at the party.

"Yeah," Tay was no less surprised. "Oh, I forgot that View was his friend."

"View? View who?" New asked. "The daughter of Jeenprasoms?"

Tay nodded. 

"Who is the other kid?" New had never seen Nanon being so violent. 

"I think that is Ohm." Tay hadn't met Ohm since Nanon transferred schools in middle school.

New could only cover his open mouth as he watched Ohm and Nanon throwing ruthless punches and kicks at each other. 

"Why isn't anyone trying to stop them?" Chimon's voice was a few decibels high, showing his frustration seeing two of his close friends fighting each other.

He lunged forward to pull the two apart but Love pulled him back. He looked down at his hand that was being pulled by his girlfriend. "Love, let me go." He wasn't in the mood to sweet-talk to his girlfriend.

"Can't you see that they are fighting like stray dogs? You will get hurt if you try to stop them." Love pleaded with her eyes. She didn't want her boyfriend to get involved in the fight.

"Watch your mouth, Love. They are my friends." Chimon growled at her. He was more than pissed. 

Those two people used to be best friends. Their friendship fell apart once Ohm and Nanon turned against each other. But he still kept in close touch with both of them as he never liked taking sides.

He wanted to put an end to the fight that had lasted for years. He wanted both his friends back together.

"P' Mon, please calm down, na," Sea interjected. He went to the same middle school Chimon, Ohm and Nanon went to. He was one of the direct witnesses of the fight back then. He knew the seriousness of the situation.

Drake, Mark, Jimmy and Marc were all ready to join the fight if needed. The only thing that stopped them from joining in was that they didn't want to leave a bad impression on View and her family.

"That Kirdpan kid is creating trouble," Suchart commented, calmly watching his son fight.

"I am sure everyone here knows who is the one who always creates trouble, Khun Suchart." Tay firmly stood his ground. He was sure that no matter how mad Nanon was at Ohm, he would never start a physical fight.

Suchart glared at Tay who ignored him.

Aruna held her husband back. "Don't argue with the kid. Look our son is being beaten up, we need to make them stop."

"This is the matter between men, dear. Let them handle it." Suchart was feeling really insulted that View attended the party holding Nanon's hand. She was supposed to be his daughter-in-law.

His son was head over heels for that girl and she actually introduced someone from the Kirdpan family as her boyfriend. That was like a tight slap to his face given the generations of hatred between the families. The more he thought, the more enraged he got.

Suchart really didn't mind Ohm getting into fights, especially when his family's dignity was at stake. He would have even cheered for his son if not for the crowd around him.

"Te, shouldn't we be stopping them?" New tugged Tay's sleeves. He could see blood oozing down Nanon's lips.

Nanon was his favourite kid. They had a very special bond. He couldn't just stand there and watch the younger guy getting beaten. Not that the dimpled guy was pulling any punches against the opponent. He was giving as much as he received. 

Both the parties were wounded and bruised all over. Neither of them was willing to give in.

"Do they look like they would stop if we try? It is the debt that accumulated over the years, Hin. Let them fight it out." Tay had his hands inside his pockets, watching the fight like a hawk.

New didn't understand Tay's logic. He was growing worried. He knew he couldn't interfere as he saw that Nanon's and Ohm's friends were preventing anyone from approaching the fighting duo.

"You can't win against me, Nanon." Ohm had his eyes flared up in anger. He didn't know if the anger was just because Nanon kissed View or something else. He wasn't liking the feeling inside his head.

Nanon scoffed. "You are all talk, Ohm. You punch like a sissy." 

"Argh!" Ohm screamed throwing a punch at Nanon.

Nanon dodged the punch, aiming a kick at Ohm's torso. As the kick hit the hard torso, Ohm was sent flying to the terrace railing.

Everyone was scared at the sight. Aruna wanted to rush forward to beg Nanon to stop, but Suchart stopped her seeing his son was alright and was still in a condition to continue the fight.

New too was scared out of his wits. If Ohm had fallen over, Nanon would have become a murderer. "Te, tell them to stop. Tell them to stop, Te." He pleaded to Tay.

Tay stepped forward but was stopped by Drake.

"Phi Khrub, let them deal with it," Drake said holding Tay back.

"Have you gone nuts, kid? Your friend almost died." Tay was exasperated. 

"But the one getting punched is your Nong." Drake sneered glancing at Ohm and Nanon.

Tay was huffing in anger seeing the youngsters' attitude. He felt too old to understand this kind of mentality.

"God, I wish that Non and Ohm would stop fighting and become friends once again." New prayed sincerely.

"I wish Ohm and Nanon would start to love each other again and become inseparable." Chimon prayed next to New as well.

"LOOK, IT'S THE SHOOTING STAR." Someone shouted loudly from the crowd.

Everyone looked up at the sky to see the beautiful sight that the media and news outlets were talking about. Ohm and Nanon, who were holding each other by the collar, standing at the edge of the terrace, were no exception. They paused their fight to look at the shooting star.

But in the process, Nanon slipped. He clenched onto Ohm's collar to gain balance, causing Ohm to lose balance as well. The duo fell off the roof terrace.

"OHM!/ NANON!" Loud screams from the crowd were heard as the two youngmen fell off the roof of the skyscraper.