24. Kirdpans

"I don't care!" Ple's eyes were overflowing with tears. "I don't care what your parents think. I don't care about what you think, Wit." She poked her husband's chest with her forefinger. "All I care about is my baby. My Non! No one else!"

Ple really missed her son. It had been more than seven years since her baby boy left their family to be with the guy he liked. All these years, she was restricted by her husband and her in-laws from contacting Nanon.

She wasn't particularly fond of Ohm, especially because of the incident that happened back in middle school. But since Nanon, the victim of the incident had forgiven him and chose to marry him instead, why should she hold on to the grudge? All she wanted was to see her son to be happy and healthy.

"I also missed our Non. But those Chittsawangdees, they~ " Wit tried to explain his predicament, but was brutally cut off by his wife.

"Tell them to go hang themselves if they can't make peace with the fact that my Non is married to their precious son." Ple gritted her teeth remembering their previous encounters with their son-in-law's family.

"Please calm down darling." Wit massaged his wife's shoulders trying to pacify her. "It is Chimon's wedding. We have to keep that in mind."

Ple huffed in anger.

"Grandma! Grandpa!" Tan, Tay's son ran over to the couple.

"Oh, my darling baby!" Ple's anger melted away seeing the face of their eldest grandchild.

"Khun Yaay, I am twelve years old. I am not a baby anymore," Tan pouted.

Ple affectionately ruffled his hair. 

Tan, though Tay's son, looked a lot like his uncle Nanon, starting from the cute dimple to the large forehead that is often covered by the bangs.

He was actually the illegitimate son that was born from one of Tay's previous relationships. By the time the Kirdpans found out about the child's existence, he was almost an year old.

In order to get rid of the 'illegitimate' title that hung onto his son, Tay had married Jum, Tan's biological mother, and kept the relationship for a year for namesake before divorcing her.

Jum had left the child with the Kirdpans as she divorced. She didn't even ask for custody.

Since then, the Kirdpans had been raising the child as the apple of their eyes. Thanks to all the love they showered on him, he became a perfect mixture of Tay and Nanon. He was clumsy and handsome like his father and cute and friendly like his uncle.

"Grandpa, grandma, are we going to meet Aa Nanon and my cousins today?" He asked eagerly.

He was really excited. He had heard a lot about his Aa Nanon from almost everyone in the family and he kind of idolized him. He felt that his Aa Nanon was really cool and wanted to be like him.

He was also enthusiastic about getting to meet his cousins. Through years he had been the only child in the family. Even though that gave him the advantage getting all the attention of the elders, he was a bit envious of his friends who had siblings and cousins to play with.

His parents were divorced, and his father was not showing any signs of getting a new wife, so he had given up on wanting a sibling. His only hope was his Aa Nanon's children, whom he had never met before. He hoped that they would like him as much as he liked them.

"Yes, Darling. Are you excited?" Ple asked fondly.

"Khrab Khun Yaay. I am going to be the best phi chaai ever!" He pledged.

Wit watched the grandmother-grandson interaction and shook his head. His wife would forget everything as long as she saw her grandson. The same was true for him as well.

It was all thanks to the child that they could bare through the time that Nanon had left their side.

"Tan, where is your Dad? Wasn't he supposed to come with you?" Wit asked.

"Dad is talking on the phone outside. He will be here in a minute Khun Pu." Tan answered with a smile.

Just as Tan finished speaking, Tay entered the room, dressed in a business suit with golden framed glasses.

"Tay, we are going to a resort. Why are you wearing a suit? " Ple frowned as she noticed her eldest son's outfit.

"I have somewhere else to go before heading to the resort. I have already arranged for the car that would take you to the resort from the airport." Tay said monotonously.

"Wherever you are planning on going, drop it. We are going to Chimon's wedding. You can free your schedule for two days." Wit was also upset.

He didn't know why Tay had changed a lot in the past few years. He was almost unrecognizable.

The Tay Tawan who used to smile a lot had gone missing and was replaced by a cold, workaholic one. Nobody knew what had caused this change.

"I can't Dad. This is really important to me." Tay replied. 

"Is it more important than meeting your Nong who you haven't met for years? Important that seeing your niece and nephew?" Wit was fuming.

He missed the old Tay. The one who loved his family very much.

Tay grew silent. Yes, he did want to meet his Non. He wanted to pull the idiot into a hug and then whack his head so that his Nong can come back to senses.

He wanted to play with his niece and nephew as much as he wanted to play with his son. He wanted it all. 

But he had something more important to do. That was to find that person. The person who had left him years ago. The person whom he had been search for since that day. 

He had finally gotten a hint that the person might be in Songkhla, and he wanted to try his luck. He couldn't wait any longer. He wanted to meet the person as soon as possible.

"P' Wit, P' Ple, are you guys ready?" Wa, the second daughter-in-law of the Kirdpan family walked over.

Her husband and two sons, Phuwin and Gemini, were following her closely behind.

"We are all ready. We are just waiting for Dad and Mom to come over." Ple answered. The Dad and Mom she was talking about was her in-laws.

The whole Kirdpan family was attending the wedding. This meant that all four generations of the family will be flying to Songkhla.

Gemini also looked really terrible. He knew that he would have to face Fourth again at the wedding. After all the groom was Fourth's own brother.

He wasn't ashamed of his feelings or anything, but didn't want Fourth to be put in an uncomfortable position because of him.

He had tried backing out from attending the wedding but his stubborn family wouldn't let him. They were dragging him along saying that him not attending the wedding would be a disrespect to the Ruangwiwats, Chimon's family, who had been long-term friends with the Kirdpans.