21. Ultimate Weapon

"Hia" Perth called out softly.

Ohm groaned "Just give me a break, will you?" Being a man in his thirties is not an easy job. Especially when you are left alone in charge of two kids with completely opposite personalities.

"Hia, you have to find a way out. Or else my whole wedding will be in jeopardy." Perth begged. Ohm was his last resort. He could only hope that the latter would help him.

Ohm regarded his cousin for a few minutes. "How about you two just elope?" He suggested after some thought, feeling that it was the easiest plausible way out.

"I so wish I could!" Perth rubbed his face forcefully. "But I know that if I even dare to suggest this idea to P' Mon, he is literally going to tear me apart without a single thought cuz he had spent a lot of time planning this shitty wedding."

"If I were him, I would too," Phuwin remarked as he entered the scene.

Ohm looked at the stranger who just entered the room. They waied at each other before Phuwin continued "I would have definitely called it off just because you used the word 'shitty' before the wedding I spend hours preparing for."

Perth ignored the comment and went ahead to introduce Phuwin to Ohm "Hia, this is Phuwin, Hia Non's cousin and Gemini's Phi Chaai."

Thanks to the huge scandal spread like wildfire across the internet about Gemini and Fourth, Ohm was already familiar with the name 'Gemini'.

Ohm was about to introduce himself when Phuwin stopped him "You don't have to introduce yourself to me. You are the one who lost your memory, not me." He gloated.

Phuwin had been the link between OhmNanon and the Kirdpan family just like how Perth had been for the Chittsawadee family. Being similar in age, Phuwin and Perth got along well and became close friends.

Ohm didn't get a pretty good impression of Phuwin but he had to act friendly with him for his own sake. "What do you suggest we do now?"

"I don't know. That is what I am here to discuss" Phuwin answered with a shrug.

"How are things on Gemini and Fourth's end?" Perth interrupted the duo.

"They are being grilled by their agency. Gemini has already made the decision to leave the company since they don't support him as for Fourth, he hasn't talked to me since the scandal broke out" Phuwin could understand Fourth's thought process. It wouldn't be optimal to keep in touch with him midst of the scandal as he was Gemini's biological elder brother.

"Gem wants to leave the industry?" Perth was shocked by the revelation. He and Gemini had gotten really close thanks to Fourth. "But he is at the peak of his career. Wouldn't it be a complete waste if he quit just like this?"

"I don't know. You should ask that kid." Phuwin shrugged.

"What's your family's reaction to the scandal?" Ohm was more concerned about how the Kirdpans would take the news.

Phuwin glanced at his cousin-in-law "My parents are chill about it. Actually, they like Fourth very much" He took a potato chip from the bowl on the coffee table and started munching on it. "But that is not the case with Elder uncle and aunt. They are beyond pissed."

"What about your grandparents? What did they say?" Perth had long understood that the enmity between the two families had started in their grandparent's generation.

"Oddly, they didn't show any reaction." Phuwin found it fishy that his grandparents were very calm at the news. "Normally, they would be the first ones to draw swords in such a situation."

"Yes, I remember Gemini talking about the way they reacted when they heard about Hia Ohm and Hia Non eloping to get married." Perth laughed out aloud recalling the way Gemini had imitated his grandparents while talking about the incident. "They wanted to rip Hia apart" He glance sympathetically at his cousin who had narrowly escaped death.

"Maybe they are just waiting for your marriage so that they can confront each other directly." Phuwin patted Perth heavily.

"Ai Satt!" Perth cursed upon noticing that Phuwin was actually wiping his oily fingers from eating those chips on his shirt. "P' Mon is going to kill me if I stain this shirt" He complained looking at the oil patches on his shirt.

"Henpecked" Phuwin snickered. "P' Mon really has you wrapped around his fingers, no?"

Perth shot a glare at him and turned his attention back to the oil patch.

"If your guess is right, then there will be a showdown when the two families meet at Songkhla" Ohm wasn't sidetracked by the younger ones.

"Most probably. Everyone will be reaching there by tomorrow afternoon and the wedding would at the morning the day after tomorrow. There is enough and more time for the families to cause a scene." Phuwin answered affirmatively.

"We are done. We are so done." Perth started mumbling.

"Who all are coming from the Kirdpan side?" Ohm needed a list. 

Unlike the Chittsawangdee family who was the groom's family, the Kirdpans weren't actually related to the grooms. They were only guests. So, it was possible that everyone from that side wouldn't be joining. 

Phuwin scoffed understanding what Ohm had in his mind. "Don't even think about it. Everyone is coming. Grandpa, grandma, elder uncle, aunt, dad, mom, P' Tay, Gem, N' Tan and obviously me. Initially, P' Tay was going to stay back. But P' Non called me yesterday to tell me to bring P' Tay along especially." 

"Nanon told you to bring him?" Ohm probed. "Does that mean he has a plan?"

"Nah" Phuwin shook his head in denial. "He said that he didn't when I asked him."

"Then why the fuck is he inviting more people from his side? Is he trying to increase the incoming trouble?" Ohm hissed.

"Maybe he is just calling in reinforcements" Phuwin remarked "Afterall, your whole family will be coming, and drama is fully assured. Wouldn't it be better if we have more people on our side?"

"Are you sure that P' Tay would take our side?"

"P' Tay may not take your side, P' Ohm, but he will definitely protect P' Non, even if he is still mad at the fact that he ran away with you and got married." Phuwin refuted.

"So, what do you suggest we do?" Ohm asked.

"Hmm... I think you should use your ultimate weapon. I am sure neither of the families will be able to stand a chance against it." Phuwin beamed.

"Our ultimate weapon?" Ohm narrowed his eyes.

"Yes! Why didn't I think about it?" Perth too was smiling at the point. "I was all worked up for no reason! This is a sure kill method!" He was really relieved.

"What the fuck are you two talking about? I don't get you" Ohm was frustrated as he felt left out. "What weapon? What method? Do any one of you care to explain what you two are talking about?"

Phuwin and Perth exchanged glances and smile.

They leaned closer to Ohm and whispered "Your ultimate weapon is...."