7. Crush

"I think that guy is doing this on purpose." Satang fumed.

"That guy? Who? Gemini?" Ford asked.

"Er." Satang gritted his teeth. "First he joined the music club and now he wants to join the football club too!"

"Are you actually mad at him because he is joining the club or because he became the lead singer in the new band?" Joong asked chuckling at his junior.

Satang didn't reply. He sulked sitting in one corner of the table.

"Tang, he qualified through the audition," Fourth stated, taking a seat next to Satang.

"Fourth, you don't understand. Gemini is going to take away all the limelight from us if he joins our band. Didn't you see how all the girls were so hyped up when he performed?" Satang was against the idea of letting Gemini join them.

"Exactly my point, Tang. Have you ever seen such a big crowd coming to watch us perform? His mere presence brought in so many audiences for us. We could have more fans if he is going to be part of our band." Fourth explained.

He was thoroughly impressed by Gemini's performance. As a true artist, he enjoyed Gemini's singing. He felt that the latter's voice was very mesmerizing.

Satang sighed angrily. "Aren't you viewing the situation too optimistically, Fourth? He is going to overshadow all of us. Just like today."

"Tang, don't tell me you are being jealous of him," Joong said after observing his junior for a while.

"He should be, Phi. Gemini got a whole bunch of gifts from all those girls with a single performance. But Tang hasn't gotten any gifts from his fans at all to date." Ford laughed.

Satang glared at "I am not jealous. I just find his intentions kind of fishy."

"I agree with Satang on this. I felt that too." Pawin agreed.

"Right?" Satang was glad that someone else felt the same way he felt about Gemini's entrance into their lives. "There is really something wrong with him. He definitely has some ulterior motives."

"Now that you mention it, I find it fishy too," Ford muttered. "I mean, from what I heard, he was a badminton champion in his previous school. Then why did he suddenly join the football club instead of the badminton club in our school?"

The table turned quiet. Everyone was trying to find a possible explanation for the situation.

"Why is everyone so quiet?" Chokun joined the table with Gemini. It wasn't usual to see his noisy bunch of friends so silent.

"Nothing," Fourth answered quickly. "Now that everyone is here, let's begin the dinner." He turned his gaze to Gemini, who was smiling at him. "And Gemini, let me introduce you to everyone. You must be familiar with all of them right?" He asked pointing at his schoolmate.

Gemini nodded. He had already done his research on Fourth's friend circle in their school.

Fourth pointed at Joong. "This is P' Joong. He used to be the music club president when he was in high school."

Gemini waiied at the Senior. He had already heard that Fourth was close to this senior. Joong returned the greeting, silently observing the newly arrived junior.

"And that is P' Pond. He is the former football team captain." Fourth pointed at the tanned guy next to Joong.

Pond merely nodded in response to Gemini's greeting. His juniors had already told him that Gemini was pretty good at football and had performed the best out of all the current members of the football team of their school.