2. Breakfast table 2

"Are you sure, Gem?" Nanon asked uneasily.

"Krab, P' Non." Gemini grabbed his cousin's hands with puppy eyes. "You have to help me, Phi. Or else I will be doomed." He pleaded.

"I think you should drop the idea, Gem," Tay commented stuffing himself with the barbeque sandwich. "I don't think it is a good idea."

"Why, P' Tay?" Gemini questioned half whining.

"Because it is a bad idea, Gem." Nanon signed and sipped his smoothie. "You know our families can't meet eye to eye with each other. It will simply be a waste of time even if you are serious about this."

"P' Non, can you be a little optimistic? What if I become successful? Then we will be able to solve the rivalry between the two families and become friends again." Gemini was emitting positive vibes as he spoke.

"Nice daydream, Nong. But it is not going to happen." Nanon commented getting up from his chair. "I am going to get ready. You guys carry on." He headed back to his room.

"P' Tay," Gemini whined.

"I am helpless here, Gem." Tay shrugged. "I don't want another bloody war here. I don't want the history to repeat."

"What bloody war, phi? I swear nothing of that sort will happen." Gemini promised.

"No means no, Gem. End of discussion." Tay wiped his lips with the napkin.

"What on earth happened here that you all are so unwilling to help me?" Gemini asked sulking.Tay sighed. "You may not know because you were living in Singapore with your parents, Gem. Years ago, Nanon and Ohm used to be best friends. They were practically inseparable as if they were two bodies one soul."

"Really?" Gemini was shocked. The story was news to him. "Then what happened, Phi? How did they turn to rivals who would take each other's life if they ever met?"

"Truth be told, I too have no idea what actually happened to them. All I know is that they started having issues after they found out about the rivalry between the families. I don't know how things blew up to the extent that they can't even stand each other's sight."

"Wasn't it because Ohm stole Nanon's girlfriend, Phi?" Jimmy asked joining the dinner table.

"P' Nanon had a girlfriend?" Gemini was intrigued. He never saw Nanon with any girl other than his close friend View.

"Yes, I once heard Chimon mention it. Her name was Film or something." Jimmy made himself at home and started eating without a hint of shame.

"What happened with her, Phi?"

"What was to happen? Chimon told me that a week after Nanon confessed to her, he caught Ohm kissing her. Nanon was so pissed that day that he punched Ohm straight in the face. From that day onwards they became rivals." Jimmy licked the mayonnaise dripping from the sandwich.

"I actually don't think that it was about the girl," Tay remarked. "As far as I remember, Nanon didn't actually seem to have any feelings for the girl. Neither did Ohm."

"Argh! Why are things so complicated?" Gemini groaned.

"What's so complicated, Gem?" Jimmy asked with a mouthful of food.

"He fell for Fourth, Ohm's cousin," Tay answered on his cousin's behalf.

"Who? That singer kid?" Jimmy eyed Gemini.

Gemini nodded and slumped onto the table. "He is so cute that I couldn't help but fall for him, Phi. It was love at first sight. You know phi, I have been trying to get his attention for a while now but he is not picking up my signals."

"It's not that he is not picking up your signals, Gem" Tay looked up from his tablet. "It's just that he is too dumb to realise that those are actually signals."

"He is not dumb, Phi." Gemini defended his crush.

"He is, Gem. Just admit it." Tay snickered. "You had been tutoring him for a while now, you know it better than me."

Gemini pouted. He knew Tay was right. But he was unwilling to admit it. "How can you keep working for him, P' New?" he asked his cousin's secretary who just entered the area.

"Well, he pays well." New smiled at Gemini.

"Hin, have you had your breakfast?" Tay asked ignoring Gemini's words.

New nodded and helped Tay put on the coat.

"Then we will get going." Tay turned to Jimmy. "You two should drop Gem to school today."

"Krab, phi. No worries." Jimmy gave him an okay sign.

Tay and New walked away together, leaving Jimmy and a sulking Gemini behind.

"Gem." Jimmy poked Gemini. "Do you think that something is going on between those two?" he motioned towards the door.

"P' Tay and P' New?"

Jimmy nodded. "Don't you find it weird that they didn't bicker today? Normally, they would bicker till our explode, don't they?"

"Now that you mention it, it is indeed odd." Gemini looked at the direction his cousin and secretary vanished to, suspiciously.

"Shall we leave?" Nanon came down the stairs with the totte bag. He rechecked his bag making sure that he forgot nothing.

"Krab, Phi." Gemini quickly finished his glass of milk and got up. He quickly grabbed his bag and followed Nanon and Jimmy out.

"What were you guys talking about earlier?" Nanon enquired.

"We just felt that P' Tay and P' New were acting weird today. It was really too peaceful compared to normal days." Jimmy climbed to the shotgun seat.

"I wouldn't be surprised even if someone were to come and tell me that those two were a thing." Nanon twisted the key to ignite the car. "They had been sticking together since their high school days. No matter how much they bicker, they can't live without seeing each other's faces every day."

"Wow! It would be great if P' New starts dating our P' Tay." Gemini giggled.

"What made you say that?" Nanon looked at his cousin through the rear-view mirror.

"For someone who is as clumsy as P' Tay, isn't better to have someone who knows how to stabilize his clumsiness by his side?" Gemini replied.

"Yeah, you are right." Nanon smiled. "P' New also knows how to keep P' Tay's temper under control."

"You guys better be careful talking behind your Phi like this because the last time they caught me, both of them gave me a good thrashing." Jimmy grimaced at the memory.

Nanon and Gemini chuckled at Jimmy's expression.

After dropping Gemini to school, Jimmy said cheerfully. "Non, our classes got cancelled. We don't have to go to the university now."

"That's great. I was planning on meeting up with View at the mall." Nanon replied looking at the road.

"Then, drop me off in front of the dorm. I need to catch up on my beauty sleep."

Nanon dropped Jimmy in front of the dorm building and headed to meet his friend at the nearby mall