★ 2 | Wasted ★

I'm out of it.
So out of it.

My words slur and I feel as if my mind's gone for a rodeo. I'm wasted, the only thing keeping my body somehow sane, is the music playing around the room. But other than that, my body feels limp, as if I've been draining the only thing keeping me awake.

The sensation is sweet, when I bring the shot up to my mouth, press it down against my lips and lift my head up. I can feel it burn. Run it's way down my throat, causing the fever in my head to grow. Sway me away from reality.

And it almost makes you wonder how something so small can be so powerful. To make you feel so tipsy and turn your whole world upside down.

It's poison.

When you drink too much, it hurts you.
But you can't get enough because it makes you feel good. It gets your mind off of that one thing you can't stop thinking about. The only difference between poison and alcohol, is that alcohol knows how to get away with it. It takes advantage of your body, then makes you feel so good for a second. Before taking it all away from you in the morning.

But it's in times like this, that a sip of poison is what I need. Something to get things off my mind, to hug me for the night.

Treat me well, and then toss me away when it's gone.
Just to throw everything to hell for a day.

An excuse or not, I had to eventually get out of my dorm. Maybe this whole fucking havoc of not being able to exorcise demons was getting to me.

It feels great.

The mush in my head churns and I get a feeling that the minute I stand up I'm gonna fall. But I don't stand, I sit there and look at the empty glass, twirling my finger around the rim. Laying my chin gently down on my arm.

The liquor is good at masking that soft warm feeling, but the minute it gets to an extreme, it hits me hard. And when it hits me hard my throat churns and my head pounds. The shameless side effects of drinking poison to relieve my mind.

I'm a little embarrassed, ashamed to have others look at me, but nobody's looking at me. Everyone's too busy dancing and chatting alongside themselves to notice the poor preacher about to faint. Everyone has their reason, different or not, we all want one thing.

My eyes skim over to the bartender, a lady in her 20s. She's just like me, minding her own business. Attending to others who seem to have lost themselves more than me.

Whatever, I let go of the rim of the cup and push it away from me. My body wants more, but I know that if I keep drinking I'll just end up puking in the morning.

I giggle a little, so out of touch with myself. I skim two fingers down my adams apple, a little at ghast from the warmth.

Hurts to admit, but today.
I think I've drunk too much.

When a second thump hits me in the head, I put both of my arms over the counter and snuggle my face in between my sleeves.

"ugh" I hum, letting the surroundings sway me, drift my mind into sleep. It doesn't take long until the liquor drains me...

The world feels perfect now, silent.
Quiet.
.
.
.

Mine for the minute

...

I feel light, my arms pull out from my sides. And I let the endless black around me consume me. I'm floating, tracing a finger at the sky, touching what I can't see. Endlessly letting my body be tossed by my surroundings. But it doesn't last, the soothing environment crumbles to my feet and I fall. Loud pestering laughs intoxicate the room, I swallow in hard trying to scream, but nothing leaves my mouth.