★ 20 | The Devil ★

I
I can't sleep, I'm serious.

Well let's be more specific, I HAVEN'T been able to sleep since he first laid down beside me. Call me crazy or not but how in the world is he lying there, eyes diligently closed and hands firmly pressed on his cheeks...his lips slightly parted and...and im getting off track...but I would like to wonder how it would...feel to...to

inch my face closer.

Trace my hands on his cheeks.

Lean in.

And...

"Ugh Craig craig craig," I silently groaned rolling back over to the side to face the ceiling. My entire heart beating so unbearably fast and my whole body feeling ever so...feverish. Did I ever imagine myself feeling like this a few days ago? Fuck no, do I know exaclty why im feeling like this? Ugh no. I swallowed a wispy breath and brought my palms up to my face.

Liar.
I know exactly why.

And I know damn well why my heart has been beating out of my chest so much lately.

I just wish it wasn't.
Because it means that i'm falling in love all over again
.
.
.
.
Sometimes at times like these when I have too much on my mind, I like to look up at the ceiling and remember the old tawny stars that used to be there. The ones I'd let dangle down passionately and then raise the tip of my finger hoping to maybe touch one of the edges. Everyday reaching my hand out more and more, itching that maybe i'd be closer to my goal. But at the end, the only one who touched the stars and spun them around for me was him. My father, always telling me stories that would leave you dreaming for days. Stories of astronauts landing on Saturn and having barbecues with aliens.

I was happy.
So so happy.
Because every story he told was like bursts of flavor to my young imagination.

While of course these dreams and stories didn't always last forever, when they did I grew up with the idea of loving space. Yeah shockers it wasn't originally a obsessive fascination with priests. Maybe in another world I'd be an astronaut. But in this one, I'm grateful. Maybe it's gonna take me a week or a month or two, but I will be the best priest by the end of it. I'll make sure of it.

By 13, all of it was gone. Bummer yeah? Everything just seemed like dreams, dumb imaginations and silly wishes.

I don't know what happened, but after losing him, everything just seemed like too much.

And I spent all of my following years painfully slow, counterclockwise like I was going nowhere.
But for once in my fucking life.

I finally feel like I'm healing.
.
.
.

Come on, just focus...I scoffed, squinting my eyes and shuffling my body over to the side. Sleep sleep sle- "mmhng" A soft noise erupted the room.

Tweek...?

"..." I turned around and slowly leaned up, because for a second I swore that he said something. And I was right. His lips followed a low wispy rhythmic sound and his body shivered for every breath that left his very own mouth.

Is he cold? Fuck I knew I shouldnt have stupidly pushed him over into that pond. I tilted my head and sighed, brushing the idea that maybe that was the reason why he was twitching so much. So carefully I pulled his blankets up to his shoulders and placed it down.

But it was useless.
His eyebrows twitched, his lips twitched and his body ached. Well now I'm seriously getting worried.

Is he having a nightmare!?

"Shh, it's okay. I'm right here" my voice soothed and I placed my hand down on his shoulder, gently brushing it back and forth.

"It's just a nightmare"

"Huck" he coughed and woke up to my words, leaning up and frantically swallowing up his breath from looking down at his hands. God, whatever this nightmare was. It seemed like clearly too much for the poor guy.

"I'm okay uggh" he muffled desperately trying to breath, "I'm fine"

God Tweek.

"Stop telling me you're okay, I care about you."

I reached my hand out and intertwined it with his, tightly feeling the pulse of his heart pounding up against my palm.

"Hey, you got this, deep breaths." I softly smiled and tilted my face, bringing his hand over to my chest. Making sure he eyed the composure of my chest and followed the steady paced rhythms of my breath.

"Deep breaths, just like this." I spoke with such delicacy and he nodded in response. Focusing his eyes on my chest and swallowing in his breath.

"Good job, There you go" I smiled.

He traced every inch of my movements, the soft heave of my chest and exhale of my breath coming out of my lips.

Just a nightmare Tweek.

"I don't, I don't know I just" his hoarse words ran down from his lips and I held his other hand up to my cheek and pressed it lightly down.

"I know, but it'll be okay" I smiled, still holding his other hand up against my chest. "Just keep focused on me, you're doing great. I'm proud."

"Steady" I whispered, feeling his unbridled breath start to tame itself, every word being more than enough to ease his mind.

I'm glad you trust me enough like this Tweek.

"I'll go get you some water okay?" I let go of his hands and slowly got up, but he pulled me back down by the hand and nervously looked up at me.

"Wait" he whispered, but then let go "sorry I mean I just" he fumbled around with his words and a soft chuckle left my lips.

dork

I sat down beside him and embraced him in my arms, stroking my fingers through his blond strands and pressing his head down on my shoulder while keeping my other arm around him. He keeps his face near my neck and I can feel every inch of his breath on my skin.

"If you wanted me to stay you could've just said so crazy." I smiled, dimples on either ends of my face.

"Tweek"

"i'll stay with you for as long as you need."

And he hugged me back tighter in response. "sorry" he muffled, but I just pushed his head closer to my chest. you don't have to be sorry, it's okay. Just stay in my arms.

"I promise you i'm not leaving"

"Promise?" he muffled between my chest.

"Yeah Promise." I reassured him and pressed my lips on his blond hair with a smile stuck to my ends.

Always.
.
.
.
"What were you even dreaming about?" I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment of my face on his hair. "You looked seriously freaked out mhm?"

"I am" he leaned slightly back and I sighed, missing the sweet smell of his hair on my face.

"Why?" it was just a dream right?

"Because he was back" he traced his hands through his hair and brushed his horns. Nervously looking out the window.

"Who?"

"Moriah"

I thought I'd never hear that name again.