★ 16 | Promises ★

''Good'' I smiled, acknowledging his trust in me like a sweet melody.

But there's something different about this trust that feels sweeter...It feels genuine, gentle. That type of gentleness that makes you feel good inside...like almost happy...knowing that there's someone out there whos willing to trust in you despite everything.

And that's well, not something recurring in my life, and so for once in my life, it makes me feel...

Happy.

I mean, can you believe it?  That the person who's taunting my mind on and on with more questions than answers...is well a demon.

God this is crazy, right? I definitely didn't expect this to ever happen, yet here I am. Hand still on his cheek and seizing the hope that just maybe he'll calm down and take it easy for now, because I'm here. I'm here making sure he doesn't freak out. Making sure someone I god barely knows, learns how to control his breathing. 

And well that Someone is called Tweek.
with a smile so stupid it baffles me for no reason and with a tremor in his voice so faint, it pinches down onto my faint heart and caves it in.

Concealing everything I might want to ask, every thought, every question that's widely rampaging in my mind for answers.

Like a ship lost in a sea with no ends and no turning back.

And well for now, his words suffice.
So keep on trusting in me Tweek.

I um.

Tweek...
I'd like that...maybe you can...trust me more in the future

I want you to trust in me, to the point you can feel safe around me, and lean your shoulder against mine, and tell me everything about you.

To promise me,
Even if promising, is something you still don't trust me with yet.

...

But...at the same time, gee you spaz.
That's a lot of trust for a "bastard" huh?
Keep it like that.

Even if it means I'll be your sooo
reliable bastard then.

Taking in a low breath, I lower my head just the slightest, to roll a brief chuckle to my lips. He's calmed down, good. I'm proud of you Tweek.

Keeping my steady hand on his cheek, I only brush my thumb on it once or twice until I can feel his chest follow that same steady rhythm he first had when he first started going on about his love for baked cupcakes.

''Feeling better?''

I hum, eyeing the crumbs on his lips.
God...you're a mess.

Intently I softly trace down my thumb from the surface of his cheek over to his bottom lip, only making sure to graze it up and down gently until daintily pressing down, keeping it firmly on his lower lip to brush off the crumb. The same crumbs that I had noticed earlier, but I hadn't said anything about till now.

But it takes me more than a minute to realize the stupid rash decision I've just taken, until it's caught my attention that Tweeks no longer staring at me. But at my thumb instead.

His eyes focused on only the thumb grazing his bottom lip, his lips carefully slightly parted.

His lips feel soft, maybe even more softer than I would have imagined for a demon. But there's a saying that goes along these words that say that even demons used to be fallen angels. But what makes the difference if you're a demon or a fallen angel, they are both the same at the end are they not?