★ 6 | Not The Worst ★

Alright...so...it...definitely didn't quite work out as...planned. And I mean literally, with no exaggeration in my voice...he's still here.

"So...that...that wasn't supposed to happen..." I muffled, desperately bringing the book closer to my eyes. What!? did I maybe mess up on the way I said something or-maybe if I bring the phrase closer to my eyes and inspect it closely.

"Ha" a soft chuckle underneath me interrupts my train of thought.

Sorry-what!?

"Haha!" He blurts out once more, relaxing the tension from his form from earlier. Then blurts turn into chuckles, then into laughs and now he's smiling.

He's...laughing...at me.
Wait what!? Why are you laughing at me!?

I frantically remove the book from my sight, look him in the eyes and groan. He really is laughing at me! Treating me like some joke.

How fucking unlucky do you have to be to have your own demon laugh at you!

"What's...so funny, jerk" I snapped back at him, somewhat trying to sound like I'm in control of the situation. But am I really? Because the look on his face tells me that he's not believing it. And instead of saying anything, he just looks at me, laughs and scrunches his nose.

The little shit is doing it on purpose, closing his eyes so that he doesn't have to look at me, treating me like I don't exist!

Just like that?? I don't get it, and I don't understand how he could just laugh like that. Find the words to giggle his way out of this situation. Shamelessly finding me amusing.

"Don't ignore me!" I grunt, desperately hoping that he'll give me a stern answer, but he doesn't. Once again, he looks up at me, holds in his laugh and then bursts its giggles. You're seriously getting on my nerves...

I roughly kneel closer to him and bring both of my hands over to his, I tug them away from his mouth and he sits there in awe.

"You find this funny!? You know that I'm going to exorcise you right!?"

"You won't"

His words come out rather honeyed, confident, and priceless to the next expression that plays over my face. I don't know! I thought demons sounded more uh, sadistic-but he just sounds more human than uh...demon

I sigh, finding myself eye to eye with him. His scarlet eyes collide with mine, and the closer I am, the more I begin to notice the features on his face. His eyes aren't just scarlet, but they fade into a faint green. His cheeks mix with a soft blush and his nose scrunches up; like a bunny's, and I find that rather cute. His horns are Two small things peeking out of his messy hair.

But the expressions on his face are soft...not sadistic, not cruel...not any of those things.

Did demons...always look this...lovely?
I chew at the little question, but it bites back at me like a sore. I feel insane for even saying such a thing, gross that I could think that a demon could ever be so lovely.

Grab a grip Craig.

I shake my head and frown, playing a puzzled expression over my face. "I will" I plead, fighting back for the dignity he's ripped away from me. From the minute he looked up at me with that tease in his eyes, to the subtle chuckle forming from his lips the minute he relaxed.