★ 3 | Thrilling ★

I need air.

If there's one thing that I needed the most, was to get out of my enclosure, this suffocating feeling that builds up in my throat, scratching the only part of me susceptible to vulnerability. I feel drenched in my own sweat, strangled in my own breath.

This isn't okay.
What's happening to me...isn't okay.

Carefully I stand up and my body throws me over to the wall, my breath hitches, my shoulders shrug and I find myself shoulder to shoulder with the wall. I reek, the smell coming from my lips screams liquor.

And when I look down at my clothes, I start to notice scratches I hadn't seen before, stains on my sleeves and chest. I look like a mess.

But doing nothing isn't going to get me anywhere. So I push myself off the wall with my fingertips and hope god I dont trip, every step feels like stepping in a murky puddle of mudd. Holding me back, slowing me down.

Air.
I need it now.

I trace my fingertips over my Adams Apple and inhale.
But my necks warm to the touch. My head burns and everytime I look around, a rough headache interrupts the hoarse gentleness of my exhale.

I can't stay here.

Finally I head over to the closet door near the exit door and put my hand on the handle, I slide it open and clumsily grab the nearest jacket. I'm too tired to think, too tired to focus. My only thoughts yell at me to get outside and I'm desperate to put my hands through the holes of my jacket. I zip it up, inhale and open the door in front of me.

The air hits me like a brick, consumes me.
Engulfs my body in a feeling so light yet so strong.
And that's when I finally manage to get a hold of myself.

I'm standing right outside of my apartment room.
With the single thought hanging from my mind.

With the only plan keeping me sane.
Today, I'm going to get that crap off of my mind and walk out of here like I mean it.

Gently I reach down and adjust my shoes, digging my fingertips into the back of my heels, "fuck-shit" I grunt, casually slipping out of the shoe and scratching my heel in the process. I'm a little drunk, so my fingers struggle to get hold of the elastic, before letting go at the fact that that's as good as it'll get.

Then it hits me, I look over at the lock and notice my key. My eyes widen and I lose my breath, I can't believe that I could be so fucking dumb to leave my keys outside! I quickly yank it and throw it into my pocket, embarrassed..

Fucksake!?

I sigh to myself and brush it off, it's just something so small yet so stupid it makes you want to physically sit down and think about how dumb that was. But as soon as I begin to walk further away from my apartment, all worry leaves my mind. The fall wind is more than enough, it blows on my face and pushes my back. I move slightly closer to the pavement and then I start to walk, then I start to jog, and then I find myself running.

Shit, I bite down on my lip and run. But I can't stop, everything feels so good against my skin. The breeze of the wind on my face, my heart on my tongue. The rumble of my feet on the ground, every inch of my body feels alive. More than Alive, in touch with the world around me.