Chapter 23

Lisa

The wedding ring is a small wedding band. There are tiny diamonds encrusted along it, making it shimmer in the light.

As much as I hate to admit it, Mina will love this.

"You think you can hold on to that for me, Lisa?" Bambam says and gives me that dopey, and hopeful smile.

I don't want to hold on to it. I don't want to hold on to anything to do with this wedding. I'm more likely to forget that I have it and run it through the washing machine than I am to keep it safe. Before I can tell him to give it to someone who cares, however, we're interrupted by the clip of heels and rapid-fire women chatter.

Bambam gives me a frantic look. I simply nod and tuck the box into my pants pocket. Relief spreads across his face.

My sister and Jennie join us at the table, both squeaking with delight when they see the setup.

"Oh, Roxanne, this is too much! It looks wonderful!" Mina is clearly in a better mood today, and she flutters around the table like a hummingbird. "Morning, four-eyes." Mina tilts over and presses a kiss to the side of my face.

Yes. Certainly in a good mood. I close the laptop, put it underneath my chair, and fold my glasses, tucking those away as well.

Mina practically jumps around the table and into Bambam's bear arms. "Good. Morning. Baby." she tells him, while pecking a kiss to his lips between each word.

I look away before my blood temperature boils over. Jennie picks the chair next to me and sets a yellow legal pad beside her. Her handwriting is small, tight, and curly. She smells like vanilla, and she's dressed in a loose, chevron-patterned shirt. I don't know if it's the humidity or the morning, but her hair has frizzled out nearly twice its size. Perhaps my sister's PDA is rubbing off on me, but I want to slip my hand under Jennie's shirt and feel her skin warm underneath my touch.

I keep my arms locked against my body instead.