Chapter 82

Jennie

"I've missed you too." I nudge my shoulder against his chest briefly. "I've got to admit. Taehyung. That threw me through a loop."

"He bullied me into it."

I squint at him. "You? Bullied?"

Ren considers his words for a second and then adds, "I may have been feeling a little power hungry."

"See? Honesty." I knock my knee against his. "Now we can be friends again."

"Cheers to that."

Ren scrolls through the spreadsheet. Green, green, green. Every job is marked complete.

"Oh my God." I laugh. "We did it."

Ren tilts his head towards me. "You did it. Lisa told me about how you wrangled the bride back."

"Of course. They love each other. She just needed to be reminded of that."

"No, of course. Don't sell yourself short. Not just anyone could have done that." Ren says. "You saved the wedding. I'll be sure to tell Jessi that when I report back."

Jessi. That's a small nagging problem in the back of my head, but I'll worry about whether or not I have a job when I get back to Seoul later. Right now, I'm a horse with blinders, focused completely on giving Bambam and Mina the wedding that they deserve.

I lift my eyes back to the computer screen and worry my bottom lip between my teeth. "What now?"

Ren leans back in his chair and laces his fingers behind his head. "Now, we wait. And pray."