Vol. 1 - Chapter 3: Guardian of Civilization

*Year 1798, Battle of Pyramids.*

*Mumei is watching the war.*

Mumei: ooohhh that's brutal. Which side do you think will win this time Friend?

*Friend shrugs*

Mumei: You don't know? Well me too, let's just watch this chaos unfold *giggles*

*Show panel of people at war killing each other*

*War is done*

Mumei: Those people are left behind! They're using sword against guns! Not to mention that guy is pretty clever. What was his name again? Napoleon Bonapetit?

*Mum looks at her journal*

Mumei: Oh Napoleon Bonaparte. I can tell he's one of those people that future humans would remember. Well Friend, let's watch this guy's career with great interest.

Mumei: *stretches* Aaaight I'm looking forward for more fights. Let's go Friend!

*Mumei pauses for a bit*

Mumei: Where are we supposed to go again Friend? I forgot....

Mumei: Oh! To the east!

*Mumei turns into an owl*

Mumei while flying: Let's see what's happening he--!!!!

SMACK! Mumei got hit by a rock

*Cut to two Japanese kids with slingshots*

Kid 1: Head shot! Did you see that?! I hit that bird in the head! I'm quite a sharpshooter eh.
Kid 2: Yeah that as awesome! Let's go find that bird and see if we can have that for dinner!

*Mumei falling through the forest and transforming back to her human form*

Mumei: Owww! What da heck was that! Those little--!

Mumei: Argh. It hurts!

*A little girl saw her fell from sky*

*little girl walks up to Mumei*

Little girl: Hey lady, are you okay?

Mumei: who? Me? Uh... Yes.

*Little girl stares at her wound in head*

Little girl: hey lady come here.

Mumei: Huh? Why? *leans in to the girl anyways*

*Little girl kisses her wound*

*Mum blushes*

Mumei: What was that for?

Little girl: There. It should heal now.

Mumei: aww thank you. (cute!)

Mumei: What's your name?

Little girl: I'm A-

Suzaku: AIKOOO!!!!!

Aiko: What?!

Suzaku: You little brat. Don't wander off without me like that! You're mom's gonna scold me if I lost you.

Aiko: I was looking for more berries in this area! If you get scolded then it's your fault because you're slow!

Suzaku: You lil brat!

Suzaku: Huh? Who's this?

Aiko: She's my new friend! I just saw her wounded here so I tried to help her.

Suzaku: That looks hurt. Who are you?

Aiko: Can we let her rest in the village?

Suzaku: Not if we can't trust her.

Aiko: But I think she's a good person--

Suzaku: Do you have a name?

(Mumei inner monologue: A name? People gave me a lot of names throughout the years so I don't know which name should I say..)

Mumei: Uhhh... I.. don't know...

Suzaku: Don't you remember who you are?

Mumei: I... Don't... I forgot...

(It's easier this way)

Suzaku: You know what, that injury look serious. Let's go check it on our village.

*Aiko smiles*

Mumei: You're gonna let me in to your village? I thought you don't trust me.

Suzaku: Well... You don't look like a bad person to me and I feel like we can trust you. Plus, there's no harm in helping other people, right?

*Mumei smiles*

*Mumei walks to the village with them*

Suzaku: Here we are! Welcome to Nanashi Village.

- CHAPTER END –